British Open Golf Betting Guide: Analysis and Tips for the 90 Best Golfers
Ian Rutherford-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Jordan Spieth
- Tiger Woods and Henrik Stenson both look like good fits for the British Open setup this week at Carnoustie.
- Jordan Spieth returns to the British Open as defending champion, but he's playing some of the most inconsistent golf of his career.
- Francesco Molinari comes into The Open hotter than just about any other player, but he might not be worth a bet this week.
Who’s ready for some early wake-up calls? That’s right: It’s British Open week, which means nostalgic shots of Scottish pubs, baked-out fairways, and very little sleep for the golf/betting obsessed.
We know we’re preaching to the choir, which is why we’ve compiled breakdowns on the 90 best players in the field below (listed in alphabetical order). Each link includes expert analysis, metrics to know, and the best bets to make if you’re particularly bullish on a player.
Dive in and good luck!
- Sobel: Ranking the Entire British Open Field, from 1-156
- Expert Picks: Favorite Bets at Carnoustie
- Betting the Favorites: The Most Overvalued Golfer on the Board
- 3 Mid-Tier Golfers Peaking at the Right Time
- Best Longshot Bets: Oosthuizen Has the Meddle to Contend
- The Golfers Helped and Hurt by Carnoustie’s Fiery, Testy Conditions
- The Big British Open Question: To Hit Driver or Not to Hit Driver?
- Sobel: The Prop Bets We Wish We Could Make
- Henrik Stenson: ‘I’m Not 100 Percent’ for 2018 British Open
- Betting Tips for Golf Majors: Mid-Tier Players Offer Best Values
- Jean Van de Velde and a $17K Score: The Story of the Worst Golf Gambling Beat Ever
Byeong Hun An
Si Woo Kim