Brooks Koepka 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Will He Do It Again?
Rob Schumacher, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Brooks Koepka
Brooks Koepka British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 10-1
- DFS Pricing: $11,400 DraftKings; $12,200 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 8:04 a.m. ET Thursday; 3:03 a.m. ET Friday
There’s obviously nothing wrong with picking Brooks in a major. He’s won three of them so far, and in his three Open appearances, he’s added two top 10s to his resume. It’s not quite the high end finishes we’ve seen at the other majors, but solid results nonetheless.
If you had asked me a few years ago where Koepka’s major breakthrough would come, the Open would have been my guess. He came up through the Challenge and Euro Tours and should be comfortable with the style necessary to win at an Open. His caddie grew up playing at Portrush and is a member at the course, so he should be able to provide that valuable local knowledge on a relatively unfamiliar course.
I’m not one to bet favorites, but I’m also not looking to fade Koepka anywhere.
Brooks Koepka British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Brooks Koepka ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 9
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 11
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 73
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 46
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 27
- Total Driving: 7
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 13