Freedman’s Favorite 2019 Honda Classic Matchup: Dylan Frittelli vs. Sung-jae Im
Orlando Ramirez, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Dylan Fritelli
- Matthew Freedman continues his series featuring one of his favorite prop bets for each day of 2019.
- On Wednesday, he looks at the Honda Classic & the golf head-to-head matchup between Dylan Frittelli & Sung-jae Im.
Each day, I publish at least one quick-n’-dirty piece highlighting a favorite prop of mine. See my master list of 2019 prop bets for more information.
Also follow me in The Action Network app, where each day I post additional, official player prop picks: Today we have 11 NBA and five NHL games.
2019 Year-to-Date Record
170-143-9, +26.23 Units
- NFL: 21-13-0, +11.72 Units
- NBA: 74-59-2, +8.37 Units
- NHL: 53-63-6, -4.79 Units
- Golf: 4-4-1, +0.65 Units
- NASCAR: 4-2-0. +2.55 Units
- NCAAF: 0-1-0. -1.00 Units
- NCAAB: 0-1-0. -1.00 Units
- Exotic: 14-0-0. +9.73 Units
Freedman’s Favorite PGA Matchup (Feb. 27): Dylan Frittelli vs. Sung-jae Im at Honda Classic
- Dylan Frittelli: +100
- Sung-jae Im: -120
The Honda Classic tees off at PGA National on Thursday (Feb. 28, 6:45 a.m. ET). Last week there were several head-to-head matchups I liked, but this week there’s really one matchup that catches my eye: Dylan Frittelli vs. Sung-jae Im.
He’s off to a strong start in his rookie year. He’s finished in the top 15 four times and has gained strokes with the approach in seven of the last 10 events.
Sung-jae Im ($7,300 DraftKings; $9,200 FanDuel) has missed the cut in two of his past four events due to his cold putter, averaging over 30 PPR at both Genesis and Pebble Beach — although it’s also worth noting that Genesis and Pebble had rather poor conditions. Despite the missed cuts, he managed to keep his bogeys to a minimum, averaging just 6.8 per tournament over the past five weeks.
But the FantasyLabs PGA Models point to Frittelli.
Over the past 75 weeks, Frittelli has the superior numbers in a few important metrics.
- Adjusted round score: 69.9 vs. 70.2
- Driving distance: 302.7 vs. 294.0
- Field strength: 83.5% vs. 65.8%
Additionally, Frittelli has the slightly higher DraftKings salary ($7,400 vs. $7,300).
Because of how correlated DraftKings pricing is with odds to win, I’d be tempted to bet any underdog at plus money if he had the higher DFS salary.
I wouldn’t bet on Frittelli any lower than +100, because I think his odds of finishing ahead of Im are just slightly better than 50%.
But of the two, I definitely prefer Frittelli.
The Pick: Fritelli (+100)