Jason Day 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Can He End the Winless Streak?
Stephen Spillman, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Jason Day
Jason Day 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 30-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,600 DraftKings; $10,400 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 9:59 a.m. ET Thursday; 4:58 a.m. ET Friday
For a player who’s always insisted his career won’t be a lengthy one due to back issues, it feels like Day has ratcheted up the immediacy after failing to win for the past year and falling well outside the world’s top-10.
With Steve Williams on the bag, expect the intangible factor of greater focus and plenty of tangible ones, especially this week. “He’s gone there with Tiger [Woods] before the British in some years, so he definitely knows that course,” Day told me. That won’t hurt the cause.
Jason Day British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Jason Day ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 13
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 68
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 69
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 40
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 3
- Total Driving: 9
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 46