Sergio Garcia 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Solid Links Player
Jim Dedmon-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 80-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,800 DraftKings; $9,900 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 3:14 a.m. ET Thursday; 8:15 a.m. ET Friday
Raise your hand if you’ve been burned by Sergio in multiple majors this season. (My hand is raised.)
While he’s done well at Open Championships in the past, he’s been a bit of a mixed bags this year. After shooting an opening-round 69 at the U.S. Open last month he stated that his game doesn’t feel good, and he feels like a 25 handicapper. He proceeded to shoot 70, 75, 74 in the days after. Since then, he missed the cut at the BMW International Open then finished seventh at the Andalucia Masters.
Sergio has historically been a solid links player, and this could burn me, but I’ll have zero equity invested in him this week.
Sergio Garcia British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Sergio Garcia ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 34
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 37
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 52
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 68
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 60
- Total Driving: 47
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 4