Sergio Garcia 2019 U.S. Open Betting Odds, Preview: A Major Enigma
Jim Dedmon-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia 2019 U.S. Open Odds
- Odds to Win U.S. Open: 100-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,800 DraftKings; $9,800 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 11:24 a.m. ET Thursday; 5:09 p.m. ET Friday
Known as one of the better ball-strikers on the PGA Tour, Garcia has had decent success at the U.S. Open in the past. He has five top-10 finishes since 2000, with a best finish of third-place coming in 2005 at Pinehurst.
Unlike many others, I think Garcia is capable of playing well on any type of golf course, but his recent track record in major championships is abysmal. He has missed the cut in seven consecutive majors, dating back to the PGA Championship in 2017.
This is not what you would expect from a talent like Garcia and someone who is as good from tee-to-green as anyone on tour.
I am not expecting much from Sergio this week, and would stay away from him in DFS. There will be much better value in his price range, and his best bets may be to short him in the various head-to-head matchups he has available.
Sergio Garcia Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Sergio Garciaranks among the other 164 U.S. Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 28
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 47
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 76
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 13
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 3