Thomas Pieters 2019 British Open Betting Odds, Preview: Pieters Likely to Regress
Jul 20, 2018; Carnoustie, SCT; Thomas Pieters plays his shot from the tenth tee during the second round of The Open Championship golf tournament at Carnoustie Golf Links. Mandatory Credit: Steven Flynn-USA TODAY Sports
Thomas Pieters 2019 British Open Odds
- Odds to Win British Open: 200-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,000 DraftKings; $8,700 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 6:42 a.m. ET Thursday; 1:41 a.m. ET Friday
Pieters is yet another Euro golfer who actually sets up better for PGA courses than links-style venues. He has distance, but he’s typically erratic with his driver: He ranks 124th in this week’s field in Long-Term Driving Accuracy.
His recent form is also concerning: He finished 20th at the Scottish last week, but prior to that he missed his past three cuts.
Maybe last week was an indication of the success he can have: He hit a ridiculous 81.9% of his greens. But that seems likely to regress. He’s not rating highly for me at all.
Thomas Pieters British Open Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Thomas Pieters ranks among the other 139 top British Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 70
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 71
- Long-Term Driving Accuracy: 124
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 103
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 64
- Total Driving: N/A
- Strokes Gained — Approach: N/A