2019 Black Eyed Susan Odds, Preview: Vulnerable Favorites Should Leave the Door Open
Geoff Burke, USA Today Sports.
- The 2019 Black Eyed Susan Stakes takes place on Friday at 4:48 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network.
- This field should be pretty open thanks to a pair of vulnerable favorites.
- Adam Staple previews the Black Eyed Susan and provides some advice for a Pick 4 at Pimlico.
The Black Eyed Susan Stakes (4:48 p.m. ET, NBCSN) does not carry as much weight as the Kentucky Oaks does, but it still features a very competitive field of 3-year-old fillies. That may sound like a damper, but the truth is this is a great race for value seekers and Black Eyed Susan Day is sure to feature some big payouts.
That includes a $300,000 guaranteed 50-cent Pick-4, so there really is a lot to look forward to at Pimlico.
Black Eyed Susan Stakes Odds, Picks
- No. 2 Off Topic, 8-1
- No. 3 Ulele, 15-1
- No. 4 Cookie Dough, 3-1
- No. 5 Our Super Freak, 20-1
- No. 6 Always Shopping, 4-1
- No. 7 Brill, 5-1
- No. 8 Point of Honor, 5-2
- No. 9 Las Setas, 15-1
This race typically doesn’t produce huge payouts and I don’t think we’re going to find any bombs in this bunch but there’s definitely vulnerable favorites in No. 8 Point Of Honor and No. 4 Cookie Dough.