Updating 2019 Kentucky Derby Odds: Improbable, Maximum Security Co-Favorites
Jamie Rhodes-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Kentucky Derby entry Game Winner receives a bath during morning workouts at Churchill Downs.
- The 2019 Kentucky Derby takes place on Saturday, May 4 at 6:50 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Here are the full betting odds for the 145th Run for the Roses.
- Game Winner (5-1) is the favorite to win the Run for the Roses, but this is a wide-open race.
For the first time in years, the Kentucky Derby is wide open. There is no clear favorite in the 145th Run for the Roses and the horse originally projected to be the chalk on Derby Day, Omaha Beach, was scratched earlier this week. Throw in some cranky weather and you’ve got yourself a recipe for a wild, unpredictable race.
No. 16 Game Winner (5-1), trained by the iconic Bob Baffert, was the morning-line favorite but that has changed now.
The current co-favorites are No. 5 Improbable (9-2), another Baffert horse, and No. 7 Maximum Securiy. No. 8 Tacitus has also moved up quite a bit and is now the third favorite at 5-1. Game Winner is currently at 6-1 and Baffert’s third entrant, No. 17 Roadster, is fifth at 10-1.
The biggest longshots are No. 21 Bodexpress (82-1), No. 20 Country House (61-1) No. 15 Master Fencer (56-1) and No. 9 Plus Que Parfait (53-1).
Here are the full odds, courtesy of Churchill Downs:
Updating 2019 Kentucky Derby Odds
Odds as of 6:50 p.m. ET
- No. 1: War of Will (16-1)
- No. 2: Tax (35-1)
- No. 3: By My Standards (17-1)
- No. 4: Gray Magician (30-1)
- No. 5: Improbable (9-2)
- No. 6: Vekoma (21-1)
- No. 7: Maximum Security (4-1)
- No. 8: Tacitus (5-1)
- No. 9: Plus Que Parfait (54-1)
- No. 10: Cutting Humor (23-1)
- No. 13: Code of Honor (14-1)
- No. 14: Win Win Win (15-1)
- No. 15: Master Fencer (54-1)
- No. 16: Game Winner (6-1)
- No. 17: Roadster (10-1)
- No. 18: Long Range Toddy (50-1)
- No. 19: Spinoff (53-1)
- No. 20: Country House (62-1)
- No. 21: Bodexpress (74-1)
More 2019 Kentucky Derby Coverage
- Lo Duca: My Betting Card for the 2019 Kentucky Derby
- Our Staff’s 23 Favorite Kentucky Derby Bets
- Lo Duca’s Kentucky Derby Power Rankings
- BlackJack’s Kentucky Derby Exotics
- Staple: Which Longshots Can Win?
- Kentucky Derby Sharp Betting Report: Which Horses Are Scaring Bookmakers?
- Kentucky Derby Betting Tip: Should You Bet the Chalk?
- How Omaha Beach’s Scratch Changes the Kentucky Derby
- Zerillo: Who Will Benefit From the Weather Conditions
- Freedman’s Favorite Kentucky Derby Prop