Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code Unlocks $1,000 Offer in All States for Wednesday Slate
Ahead of a packed NBA slate on Wednesday and the Super Bowl next Sunday, new users can enter Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS1000 for a $1,000 new player bonus.
What’s that mean? If your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded in Barstool bonus cash, equal to whatever you lost.
This offer can be used on any game in any sport. One important note is that there’s no opt-in required or available, so you just have to deposit and make your first bet to activate the new player bonus. There’s no button to click or box to check, other than the promo code field.
There are a few nuances with this offer we’ll explain below. And we’ll run through real examples for Wednesday’s sports slate to illustrate how the offer will work.
How to Use the Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code
Making Your First Bet
OK, let’s walk through a real example from Wednesday’s sports slate.
Let’s say I deposit the full $1,000 and bet it all on the Nets moneyline at +300 against the Celtics in Boston.
- If the Nets win, I profit $3,000 and keep the original $1,000 I bet. That’s $4,000 cash in my account I can withdraw or continue betting. The promo is effectively over.
- If the Nets lose, I get $1,000 back in Barstool bonus cash.
Using the Bonus Cash
There are a few things to know with Barstool’s bonus cash, which is advantageous in one major way and disadvantageous in another. It’s not like “bonus bets” at many other sportsbooks.
When you bet bonus cash, you also keep the bet amount if it wins — that’s different from most other sites. So if you bet $20 in bonus cash on the Chiefs +100 against the Eagles and K.C wins, the $20 bonus cash turns into $20 real cash and you profit $20, for a total of $40 in cash. At FanDuel for example, you’d only keep the $20 in profit.
The disadvantage is that you need to wager through all of your bonus cash before you can withdraw anything. So if you had $100 in bonus cash, bet $20 of it and won, you’d still need to wager the remaining $80 in bonus cash before withdrawing that cash.
You also must bet with odds of -200 or longer (so -150 is OK, -250 is not) with your bonus cash. That’s actually preferable, since the math says you want to use bonus cash on longshots.
If you’re totally lost and are just getting started with betting, check out our 12 sports betting tips and a how-to for reading American odds guide. Or, learn more about different types of sportsbook bonuses.
How to Sign Up at Barstool Sportsbook
It’s simple to sign up at Barstool. Here’s how to do it:
- Click this link
- Put in your name, address, last four of SSN, etc. Enter all your real info, or you won’t be able to deposit because Barstool won’t be able to identify you.
- Enter Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS1000 at checkout
- Deposit using a bank account, credit/debit card, or PayPal
- Make your first bet ($10 minimum for ACTNEWS1000)
Unlike some other sportsbooks, Barstool will actually acknowledge that a successful promo code has been entered.
Barstool New User Promo Requirements
Barstool does have some requirements that potential new users have to meet in order to register for their sportsbook. Confirm your eligibility with the checklist below:
- Must be 21+ years old
- New users must be located in a state where Barstool is active. It should be noted that you don’t have to live in Ohio to wager, you just have to be in the state at the time of activation and making a bet.
- Access to valid deposit method (credit/debit card, bank account, or other accepted medium.
Must be 21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. A Problem Gambling Helpline is available 24/7 at 1-800-589-9966 or texting 4HOPE to 741741.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.