Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code ACTNEWS1000 Nets $1,000 for Steelers vs. Colts
Barstool Sportsbookpromo codeACTNEWS1000 unlocks a $1,000 new player bonus, meaning your first bet is on the house. If that first wager on the platform loses, you'll get refunded in free bets equal to whatever you lost.
Here are the other codes available:
- Maryland: Promo code ACTNEWSMD gets you $100 in free bets, plus that first $1,000 new player bonus.
- ACTNEWS150: Get $150 in free bets when you bet at least $20 on any pre-game NFL wager. There's less risk in this than ACTNEWS1000.
Let's dive into how these promotions will work at Barstool.
How to Sign Up
It's simple to sign up at Barstool. Here's how to do it:
- Follow this link
- Put in your name, address, last four of SSN, etc.
- Enter Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS1000, ACTNEWS150 or ACTNEWSMD at claim the offer.
- Deposit using a bank account, credit/debit card, or PayPal
That's it! Depending on which offer you choose, you'll want to make your first bet slightly differently. Let's dive into that below.
How the Barstool Offer Works
You can place your first bet once you've signed up for Barstool and plugged in the promo code ACTNEWS1000.
It gets you a $1,000 new player bonus, meaning your first bet is on the house. So if you bet $1,000 on the Steelers and they lose, you'll get $1,000 back in free bets, aka Barstool bonus cash.
Let's look at a tangible example.
Say you deposit $200 and put it all on Steelers tight end Pat Freiermuth to score a touchdown at +250 against the Colts.
- If he scores, you profit $500 and keep the original $200. That promo is now effectively over — you can withdraw all that money, or keep betting it.
- If he doesn't score, you lose $200 and get it back in the form of free bets.
How ACTNEWS150 Works
If you claim the $150 free bet promo code, you just need to bet $20 on Monday Night Footballl, and you'll get $150 in free bets to use on anything.
- If the Steelers win, you'd profit $24, keep the original $20, and get $150 in free bets.
- If the Steelers lose, you'll still get $150 in free bets.
This sets up as a pretty favorable matchup for the Steelers defense, which now has T.J. Watt back in the mix. Historically, Pittsburgh has allowed one fewer yard per play with Watt on the field, a stunning statistic.
He should create chaos in the backfield going up against right tackle Braden Smith. The same can be said for Alex Highsmith, who quietly has eight sacks and will be going up against a rookie left tackle.
Steelers +2.5 | Colts -2.5
That spells doom for the statuesque Matt Ryan, who will operate behind an offensive line that ranks in the bottom five in both adjusted line yards and adjusted sack rate. The struggles up front are one of the primary reasons the Colt offense ranks 31st in the league in EPA per play and last in DVOA.
Speaking of Ryan, he averages the lowest depth of target in the NFL, which should be welcome news for a Steelers defense that has struggled in the explosive pass department. Nobody has allowed more 15-yard passes than Pittsburgh.
Bonus Cash With Barstool
Alright, so how does bonus cash aka free bets work at Barstool? Like any other book. You keep the winnings, but not the original stake.
Say I take my $150 in bonus cash and put it all on the United States moneyline against Wales on Tuesday afternoon in World Cup action. The U.S. is priced at +105.
- If the U.S. wins, I'll profit $157.50 ($150 x 1.05) but I don't keep the original $150. But it's now real cash I can withdraw.
- If the U.S. draws or loses, I end up with just the original money I deposited.
Barstool's 'Bet $1, Get $100' Maryland Promo
If you're in Maryland, Barstool's promo code ACTNEWSMD is live for in-state users to bet $1 and get $100 in bonus cash.
This offer is actually a risk-free bet that also gets the $100 in bonus cash no matter what, so there are two benefits.
Let's try the same Steelers-Colts example for ACTNEWSMD. You deposit and bet $100 on Pittsburgh at +120 — that's your risk-free bet.
- If the Steelers win, you profit $120 and keep the original $100, plus you get $100 in free bets.
- If the Steelers lose, you get $200 in free bets — $100 from the offer, and $100 in return for losing the Steelers wager.
More Ways to Bet Week 12
Want to see the full picture on how to approach Sunday at 1 p.m., watch our sports betting experts preview what bet bets: