Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code Gets Users $1,000 for College Football
Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTION1000 will get new users a $1,000 risk-free bet when you sign up. If your first bet loses, you’ll get that same amount back in bonus cash, up to $1,000.
This promotion can be used on any college football or NFL game this weekend — single game bets or parlays. It cannot be used on round robins.
Just use ACTION1000 at checkout to claim the offer, or follow this link.
Barstool is available in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia (but you can still sign up and bet if you’re traveling to one of these states this weekend).
How Does a Risk-Free Bet Work?
Confused about all this free bet lingo? We did a breakdown of every sportsbook promotion type.
Here’s how a risk-free bet will work at Barstool, then we’ll get into an example.
- Sign up using promo code ACTION1000
- Deposit at least $10, but up to $1,000
- If your first bet wins, you keep all the money
- If it loses, you’ll get refunded in bonus cash (aka free bets) equal to that first wager
OK, let’s use an example from this weekend’s college football slate.
Say you deposit $200 and bet it all on Kansas +250 against Houston.
- If Kansas wins, you keep the $200 you bet, and profit $500.
- If Kansas loses, you get $200 in bonus cash
- If your bonus cash wagers win, you keep the winnings, but not the bonus cash
- If your bonus cash wagers lose, you end up with nothing
Let’s say Kansas loses and you do get that $200 in bonus cash. You decide to bet it all on Jets moneyline against the Browns on Sunday at +230.
- Jets win, you profit $460 but don’t keep the $200 in bonus cash.
- Jets lose, you end up with nothing.
So if the Jets do win, you’ll end up with a $260 profit ($460 – your $200 deposit).
A few more notes: you must use your bonus cash within 30 days, or it will be revoked. And you cannot wager on anything longer than -200 odds, or else your bonus cash won’t convert to real cash (but you want to use your free bets on longshots, anyway). That means a -150 bet is OK, but -300 isn’t.
How to Use Your Risk-Free Bets
The optimal ways to use your risk-free bets, mathematically anyway, is on plus-money wagers. That’s because you’re getting much more expected value from +250 or +500 wagers — the higher the line, the more value.
But not everyone wants to squander their big free bets on longshots, even if it’s mathematically optimal.
Here are a few ways to use your risk-free bet at Barstool Sportsbook on Friday night.
- Make this MLB edge even bigger on Friday.
- Bottom of the barrel college football bets for this weekend — aka the ugliest sides and totals you could imagine.
- Tail Collin Wilson’s CFB betting card for Week 3.
- Is there a way to find plus-money value on Canelo vs. GGG in an epic boxing match this weekend?
- Craving afternoon soccer action? Our best bet for Fulham vs. Nottingham Forest.