Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code Unlocks Big Bonus for Monster Sports Weekend
- Signing up at Barstool Sportsbook and need a promo code to cash in on the $1,000 new player bonus? We've got you covered with code ACTNEWS1000.
- There's a huge sports weekend on tap -- UFC 281, the last domestic soccer matches before the World Cup, college football, NHL and NBA, and of course NFL Week 10.
- Read on for more about this offer.
Barstool Sportsbook’s promo code ACTNEWS1000 will get all new users a $1,000 “risk-free” bet to use on any event this weekend.
Barstool calls it a new player bonus, but it works like a risk-free bet at many other sportsbooks. If your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded in free bets (they call it bonus cash) up to $1,000.
Confused? Don’t worry, we’ll explain further.
Here is where Barstool Sportsbook is available as of Nov. 12.
|Michigan||Sports & Casino|
|New Jersey||Sports & Casino|
|Pennsylvania||Sports & Casino|
|West Virginia||Sports & Casino|
Using the New Player Bonus With ACTNEWS1000
So how does the “risk-free” offer work and how should you use it? Let’s dive in.
If your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded in free bets (what Barstool calls bonus cash) equal to the amount you lost.
Let’s use an example from Saturday’s slate.
- If Louisville wins, I keep $230 ($100 x 2.3) and also pocket the original $100. I’ll now have $330 to continue betting, or withdraw to my bank account. Not a bad return.
- If Louisville loses, I’ll get $100 back in free bets, aka bonus cash.
Remember, it must be your first bet. So don’t sign up and start firing off $10 wagers willy-nilly. You don’t get to choose which risk-free bet you want — it’s just your first wager on the platform.
Alright, so how do the free bets work? Let’s cover that next.
Bonus Cash/Free Bets, Explained
Barstool’s bonus cash works a little different than most other sportsbooks. And it’s much more advantageous.
At Barstool, if your bonus cash bet wins, you keep the profit and the bet amount. Most books don’t let you keep the bet amount.
Here’s an example. Since I can divvy up the $100 bonus cash I get from Louisville losing, I’ll put $20 of it on Steelers moneyline for Sunday’s NFL slate at +110.
- If the Steelers win, I profit $22, and I keep the $20. So I now have $42 in real cash in my account and $80 in bonus cash left.
- If the Steelers lose, that bonus cash is lost, and I’ll have $80 left.
Here’s another way to play your first bet at Barstool:
How ACTNEWS150 Works
If you’re patient enough to wait for Sunday’s NFL slate, there’s another bonus code you can use in all states — ACTNEWS150.
This offer unlocks $150 in free bets when you bet $20 on any NFL game. But it’s only NFL, not college football.
It also must be a $20 pre-game bet on a single wager. It can’t be a parlay.
So let’s say I bet $20 on the Seahawks moneyline at +115 on Sunday morning against the Bucs. No matter what, I’ll get the $150 in free bets to use throughout the day on Sunday. And if Seattle wins, I’ll make another $23.
Try looking at a visual:
|Bet||Profit||Money in Acct.|
|Seahawks win||$23 + $150||$173|
|Seahawks lose||$150 in bonus cash||$150 bonus cash|
How to Use Bonus Cash
You should be using your free bets on plus-money wagers because you’re getting more expected value that way.
- Notre Dame vs. Navy: Should you bet a triple option team as a big dog? History says yes, but what do our experts think?
- Wisconsin vs. Iowa: A Big Ten West slugfest? Sounds like a blast.
- Maryland vs. Penn State: The Terps upset the Nittany Lions as a big dog two years ago. Can they do it again?
- Georgia vs. Mississippi State: Will the Dawgs be up for this game after their biggest win of the season over Tennessee last week? We’ll find out.
- TCU vs. Texas: The Horned Frogs are No. 4 in the College Football Playoff rankings, but they’re a big underdog to Texas this week.
The Sign-Up Process
Signing up for most legal sportsbooks is pretty simple and can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s how it works at Barstool.