Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code Gets $150 for Thanksgiving NFL Slate
While Detroit will look to extend its three-game win streak against the humbled Bills, bettors can give thanks with Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS150 — a promotion that gets new players $150 when they bet $20.
Plus, Wednesday marks the official launch of sports betting in Maryland with the state-exclusive promo code ACTNEWSMD, which will get new players $100 if they bet at least $1, plus a new player bonus up to $1,000. So we’ll have:
- Maryland code: ACTNEWSMD
- All other states: ACTNEWS150
Let’s examine what to expect with both of these promotions for bettors looking to sign up for Barstool and wage on Bills-Lions or either of the other two games Thursday.
The Sign-Up Process
Signing up for most legal sportsbooks is pretty simple and can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s how it works at Barstool.
- Follow this link
- Put in your name, address, last four of SSN, etc.
- Enter Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS150 at checkout to qualify for the bonus offer
- Deposit using a bank account, credit card, or PayPal
- Make your first NFL bet for $20, get $150 in free bets
Barstool’s ‘Bet $20, Get $150’ NFL Promo: Bills-Lions
So, you’ve signed up for Bartstool and punched in the ACTNEWS150 promo code upon getting started.
Keep in mind, whether your first bet wins or loses, you will still see $150 in bonus cash (more on what this is below) back.
You just need to bet a minimum of $20. You want to consider betting on something with confidence (since you’ll also get a payout on top of the $150 if your bet wins).
Since we’re using Bills-Lions in this example, here’s a couple notes on both sides to peruse for inspiration.
Buffalo Bills: -435 at Barstool Sportsbook
The Bills run game was able to compensate for an erratic performance from Josh Allen in Week 11. Both Devin Singletary and James Cook notched 86 yards a piece in lieu of Buffalo’s usual leading rusher fighting through some discomfort. The Browns were one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, and so are the Lions, who rank 30th and 31st in rushing yards and touchdowns allowed, respectively.
Stefon Diggs was caught in the cross hairs of Allen’s slow start; he didn’t see a target until his end zone grab at the end of the second quarter. The Bills may look to Lions also rank poorly in passing yards allowed — surrendering 262.2 per game, which Allen and Diggs could have a feast of their own upon.
Detroit Lions: +330 at Barstool Sportsbook
Just like that, the Lions have strung together a triad of wins to climb to second in the NFC North. A lot is thanks to Jamaal Williams emerging from the woodwork with a league-leading 12 scores on the year. The veteran back tallied a hat trick in the Lions 31-18 upset of the Giants in Week 11 and sits at a shocking 13th in rushing yards with 668. The Lions won’t fix what isn’t broken. They’ll ride Williams into a Bills defense that’s begun to show some inconsistencies against the run recently.
Detroit might be the most one-dimensional club in the NFL. Despite their lousy defensive ranks, they are one of the highest scoring offenses around. They’ve hit the over in seven of their ten contests thus far. Given the Bills high-octane capabilities, this game has mass potential to be a Thanksgiving Day barn burner.
How This Promo Will Unfold
OK, let’s imagine you deposit the minimum $20 for this promotion. Here’s a mock parlay based on the above write-up:
|Jamaal Williams ATD||-112|
|Stefon Diggs Over 89.5 Receiving Yards||-112|
|Over 54.5 Total Points||-107|
This is how things can settle:
- The parlay hits: You score $475 just in time for Thanksgiving dinner. Plus, you also keep the $20 you bet and still get $150 in bonus cash. You now have a total of $675 in your Barstool account.
- The parlay misses: You still net $150 in bonus cash.
Try visualizing it this way:
|Bet||Profit||Money in Acct.|
|Parlay hits||$475 + $150||$675|
|Parlay misses||$150 in bonus cash||$150 bonus cash|
Digesting How Bonus Cash Functions
Bonus cash is Barstool’s terminology for what other books deem as free bets. They’re like credits of a sort.
So, can you just withdraw it if you lose your first bet and would rather cash out?
The answer to that is no — bonus cash must be waged.
What’s interesting is that Barstool allows you to keep the bonus cash if you win with it, which is not common in sports betting.
Let’s draw up another example to explain free bets. Pretend you have $150 in free bets on Wednesday.
You place all of it on Belgium and Canada to draw in their World Cup match at 2 p.m. Barstool has a draw priced at +330 at the time of this writing.
Here’s what can happen:
- Canada wins: You win $495 and get to keep the $150 in bonus cash for a total of $645.
- Canada loses: You’re at $0.
Barstool’s ‘Bet $1, Get $100’ Maryland Promo
If you’re in Maryland, it’s time to give thanks for a two-year go-live period meeting it’s launch Wednesday. Barstool’s Maryland promo code ACTNEWSMD is live for users to bet $1 and get $100 in bonus cash.
There’s a double-sided perk to this offer. It is essentially a risk-free bet that also gets the $100 in bonus cash no matter what.
Let’s use another example to understand this best.
You deposit and bet $10 with ACTNEWSMD on the above Bills-Lions parlay priced at +475:
- If the parlay hits, you win $47.5 ($10 x 47.5), keep your $10 deposit and get $100 in bonus cash. You now have $157.50 in your account.
- If the parlay misses, Barstool will replenish your $10 plus give $100 in free bets. You have $110 to bet with moving forward.
More Insight to Betting Thanksgiving NFL
Prep yourself for Thursday’s three-game slate with some of the most in-depth betting insight and analysis there is:
- Follow Evan Abrams’ comprehensive Thanksgiving Day Betting Primer to bet the storylines headlining Bills–Lions, Giants–Cowboys and Patriots–Vikings.
- Matthew Trebby details the spreads and some quick notes to watch for in each Thanksgiving matchup.
- In tight spot with your fantasy lineup? Sean Koerner provides these sneaky Week 12 fantasy streamers.