Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code Offers $1,000 for Wednesday
Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS1000 will unlock $1,000 risk-free bet for any game on Wednesday or this weekend. If your $1,000 bet wins, you’ll keep the initial bet and winnings. If it loses, you’ll get $1,000 in Barstool’s Bonus Cash (what many other books call free bets). But you need to wager $1,000 to realize the full bonus.
Again, use promo code ACTNEWS1000 to activate the offer.
We’ll explain how it works below.
How Does a Risk-Free Bet Work?
We’ve already covered the difference in promotion types, so let’s dive into an example.
Here are the possible outcomes of your risk-free bet.
- If your first bet wins: you keep the winnings and your deposit.
- If your first bet loses: you’ll get refunded in bonus cash (aka free bets) equal to that first wager.
OK, now to the example.
You make your first deposit for $100. You bet it all on Justin Thomas to be the top point scorer in the Presidents Cup at +650.
(If you’re not sure what +650 is, check out our 12 tips for beginner sports bettors).
- If Thomas is the top point scorer: you win $650, and keep the original $100. You now have $750 in your account that’s real cash you can withdraw.
- If Thomas isn’t the top point scorer: you’ll get $100 in bonus cash (aka free bets).
Let’s pretend this bet loses so we can explain bonus cash.
How Bonus Cash Works at Barstool
Now you’ve got $100 in bonus cash. You need to wager this once to turn it into real cash.
Say you take the $100 and bet it all on Cowboys moneyline against the Giants (+120 at Barstool) on Monday Night Football (because the Thomas bet will not have been determined until Sunday).
- If the Giants win, you end up with nothing.
- If the Cowboys win, you win $120 but don’t keep the bonus cash. You now have $120 in your account after depositing $100, for a $20 profit.
That’s why it’s not truly risk-free — you can lose money on your first deposit/wager.
Other things to know: You must use your bonus cash within 30 days, or it will be revoked. And you cannot wager on anything longer than -200 odds, or else your bonus cash won’t convert to real cash (but you want to use your free bets on longshots, anyway). So a -150 or -190 bet is OK, but -230 is not.
How to Sign Up at Barstool and Claim the Promo
It’s simple to sign up at Barstool Sportsbook.
- Follow this link
- Make sure you use Barstool Sportsbook promo code ACTNEWS1000 at checkout to qualify for the bonus offer
- Input all your accurate information (name, address, last four of SSN)
- Deposit using a bank account, credit card, or PayPal
- Make your first bet risk-free, up to $1,000
You can still sign up and bet if they travel to a different state where Barstool operates.
How to Use Your Risk-Free Bets
The optimal way to use your risk-free bets, mathematically anyway, is on plus-money wagers. That’s because you’re getting much more expected value from +250 or +500 wagers — the higher the line, the more value.
But not everyone wants to squander their big free bets on longshots, even if it’s mathematically optimal. There’s a sweet-spot in tight markets between +300 and +700.
Here are a few ways to use your risk-free bet at Barstool Sportsbook on Wednesday and this weekend.