BetMGM Bonus Code ACTION Offers $1,000 CFB Sign-Up Bonus
BetMGM bonus code ACTION unlocks a $1,000 bet on the house, meaning if your first wager loses, you’ll be refunded in free bets equal to that amount. As long as it’s $1,000 or less.
This offer can be used on any college football game during rivalry weekend, including Michigan vs. Ohio State, Notre Dame vs. USC, and more.
If you’re looking for a casino bonus code worth up to $1,025, use ACTIONCASINO or click here for more details about how the promo works.
Offer Details & Signup
Signing up at BetMGM is simple:
- Click here to signup.
- Use ACTION, ACTIONYARD or ACTIONOHIO at checkout
- Enter all the necessary info
- Deposit at least $10
- Make your first bet up to $1,000
If you’re headed to a state with legal betting this week, you can still sign up and bet. Just use all your real, accurate information, not the hotel you’re staying at as an address or your friend’s house.
Offers by State
- ACTION: $1,000 risk-free bet. If your first bet loses, you get the same amount back in free bets. This is available in all BetMGM states but New York.
- ACTIONYARD: For users in Maryland, Kansas, Illinois and Louisiana only. Get $200 in free bets if the NFL team you bet throws for 1+ yard.
- ACTIONOHIO: MGM will give you $200 in free bets with no deposit required. Ohio betting launches on Jan. 1.
How the $1,000 Risk-Free Works
Sportsbooks throw out a lot of different lingo when describing their sign-up offers. We did a deep dive on them already if you want to learn more.
Think about the risk-free bet like this — it’s not totally risk-free, because you’re getting free bets back if your first bet loses. Let’s get into some examples.
Making the First Risk-Free Bet
Your first bet at BetMGM will be the risk-free one. You don’t get to decide which bet gets deemed risk-free — it’s just the first one you make. And they won’t give you a heads up if you accidentally place a $1 test bet first.
Let’s say you deposit $200 and put it all on Michigan moneyline against Ohio State, priced at +240 at BetMGM.
- If Michigan wins, you’ll profit $480, and keep your original $200. You now have $680 in your account bonus is effectively over.
- If Michigan loses, you get $200 back in free bets, because that’s how much you lost on the bet.
Our Collin Wilson likes the Buckeyes, but again, we want to bet underdogs with these promotional bets.
The big difference in this game compared to last season is Ohio State’s ability to defend the run. Knowles has implemented fundamentals so motion and pistol offenses don’t confuse the front seven.
Improvement from the Buckeyes’ safeties in terms of tackling at the line of scrimmage is the key on this side of the ball.
As for the Michigan defense, putting pressure on Stroud is the top priority. However, outside of Turner at cornerback, the Wolverines have no answers for Harrison and Egbuka.
Using the Free Bets
Free bets work like this: Imagine BetMGM is paying for the bet, and you keep the winnings if it wins, but they keep the stake. Like your friend spotting you for a bet.
Let’s continue with the Michigan example. Say the Wolverines lose, and you get $200 back in free bets. BetMGM will refund it in four, $50 free bets.
The math says to use free bets on longshots, so that’s what I’ll do.
I’ll put it all on Kansas +350 against Kansas State on Saturday night, as I should have the free bets since I lose Michigan earlier in the day.
- If Kansas wins, I’ll profit $700. But I don’t keep the original $200 free bets; that goes away.
- If Kansas loses, I lose the free bets and will have no money left.
A new state will launch sports betting in the next few months. BetMGM is offering an excellent sign-up bonus in both states — $200 in free bets with no deposit required. Because acquiring new customers during state launches is so important, you won’t get a better offer than this.
- Ohio, on Jan. 1: Use code ACTIONOHIO