BetMGM Bonus Code ACTION Unlocks $1,000 for Thursday Night Football
BetMGM bonus code ACTION nets a $1,000 risk-free bet for Eagles-Texans, Phillies-Astros, or any other game this weekend.
In Kansas, Louisiana or Illinois, bonus code ACTIONYARD gets new users $200 in free bets if the football team they bet gets at least one passing yard.
Sadly, BetMGM is not offering any promos in New York.
Let’s dive into how each offer works.
Risk-Free Bets, Explained
We did an explainer on what each sportsbook promotion means, because books tend to use similar language that all can kind of mean the same thing. But sometimes it doesn’t.
A risk-free bet isn’t exactly what it sounds like. You can lose money, and there is some risk.
Say I bet Dallas Goedert to score a touchdown on Thursday Night Football against the Texans. He’s due, right?
BetMGM has him priced at about +180.
- I deposit $100 and bet $100 on Goedert to score. If he scores, I profit $180, and keep the $100 I used to bet it. The money is mine, and I can withdraw it or bet it.
- If Goedert doesn’t score, I get $100 back in free bets.
BetMGM splits up the free bets in smaller increments (five, $20 bets in this case) but you can’t break them down any further than that.
How Free Bets Work
So how do free bets work? Think of it like this — BetMGM pays for the bet, and if it wins, you keep the profits.
I’ll get $100 in free bets back that I can use on anything I’d like. You’ll get far more value betting at plus-money, due to the expected value, so I’m going to go with a longshot.
I’ll put $100 in free bets on the Nebraska moneyline against Minnesota on Saturday — +550 right now.
If Nebraska wins, I pocket $550, but don’t keep the $100.
If Nebraska loses, I end up with nothing.
How to Use Free Bets Thursday
You should also bet first-touchdown insurance at BetMGM. We already explained the optimal way to bet this promo.
Here are a few more ways to use free bets and risk-free bets on Thursday:
- Our staff’s three best bets for Eagles vs. Texans include two props and a first-half total.
- Sean Koerner is approaching the prop market in a slightly different way.
- Our staff’s five best bets for World Series Game 5.
How Bonus Code ACTIONYARD Works
ACTIONYARD is a better offer than ACTION, which is why it’s only available in new BetMGM states where they’re still fighting for users and market share.
You don’t actually have to put much money up front to turn it into a few hundred bucks, whereas the risk-free bet requires you to risk much more.
Offer Details & Signup
Signing up at BetMGM is simple:
- Click here to signup.
- Use ACTION or ACTIONYARD at checkout
- Enter your personal info. You may be asked for the last four digits of your social security number, which is needed to verify your identity.
- Deposit at least $10
Then depending on which offer you chose, you’ll unlock $200 in free bets through 1+ passing yard in an NFL game, or a $1,000 risk-free bet to use on your first wager.