BetMGM Bonus Code Activates $200 Free Bet for Bears-Packers
BetMGM bonus code ACTIONNFL unlocks $200 worth of free bets for Packers and Bears — or any other NFL game on Sunday.
What you’ll want to do is bet $10 on a 4 p.m. ET game, then you’ll have $200 in free bets to spend on that Sunday Night Football matchup. All you need is one touchdown in that first game.
This is new-user offer is not available for new BetMGM users in New York, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi.
We break down how the offer works in more detail below.
Understanding Bonuses at BetMGM
We did an in-depth explanation of the differences in promotion types, because it can be confusing to figure out what they all mean and how they differ.
A free bet is just a bet that can be used on anything. If it wins, you keep the winnings (but not the original free bet stake). If it loses, you end up with nothing.
BetMGM splits up its free bets into $50 each. That means the $200 offer results in four $50 free bets.
You won’t have the free bets for the first slate of NFL games on Sunday, because you’ll need to wager $10 on one of those games to get the $200. You can then use them for the later games, including Saints-Bucs, Bengals-Cowboys, 49ers-Seahawks, or Packers-Bears.
Free Bet Example
OK, time to dive into an example.
Say you got your $200 in free bets on Jets-Browns because there was a touchdown scored, and you place it all on Raiders -5.5 against the Cardinals.
- If the Raiders cover the spread, you’ll win about $181 on those $200 free bets. But you don’t keep the free bets.
- If the Raiders don’t cover, you end up with nothing.
Risk-Free Bets at BetMGM
This offer is NOT a risk-free bet, but many sportsbooks offer this instead of free bets or a deposit match.
Here’s how those promotions work:
- If you win a risk-free bet: If your risk-free bet wins, you keep the stake and the winnings, and it becomes real cash you can withdraw.
- If you lose your risk-free bet wager: You get a free bet back equal to the amount of your first bet.
The “catch” is that to get a $1,000 free bet, you have to deposit and wager the full $1,000. If you deposit $50, you’ll get a $50 risk-free bet. You also have to make your first bet $1,000 — you don’t get to choose which of your first ten bets gets the risk-free treatment.
In the Raiders example above, if you bet a $200 first bet on their spread and it wins, you keep the $200 and the $180 that you profited.
If it loses, you get a $200 free bet back. If that free bet loses, you end up with nothing. So you can end up with nothing — that’s part of the reason the free bet offer is better.
How to Sign Up
Signing up at BetMGM takes just a few minutes.
- Navigate to BetMGM via one of our links or download the mobile app
- Enter accurate signup info
- Use BetMGM bonus code ACTIONNFL at checkout
- Deposit with your bank account, credit card, or PayPal
- Make your first NFL bet of $10 or more to qualify for the $200 bonus
Some credit cards don’t play nice with online sports betting, so bank account transfer is often more reliable.
How to Use Your BetMGM Free Bets
The best way to use any free bets is on longshots. The higher the line, the more expected value you get over time.
But we understand most bettors don’t want to use big risk-free bets on longshots at +800, so +250 to +450 can be an excellent sweet spot.
Here are a few ways to use that bonus this weekend:
- Our staff’s seven favorite bets for the 1 p.m. ET slate for Week 2.
- Chris Raybon’s betting card for the early slate
- 7 player props from Sean Koerner, one of the best player projectors in the industry
- 5 anytime touchdown bets Gilles Gallant is playing.
- 4 bets our projection models and sharp action signals are highlighting.