BetMGM Bonus Code Grabs Up to $1,000 for MLB Wild Card & CFB Friday
There are two different BetMGM bonus codes available between the MLB Wild Card matchups and CFB on Friday. ACTION or ACTIONYARD each activate a different sign-up offer, depending on which state you’re in.
Bonus code ACTION gets you a $1,000 risk-free bet on any sport or event you please.
ACTIONYARD (IL, KS, LA only) gets you $200 in free bets if the quarterback in any CFB game throws for 1+ yard.
Here are the offer details when signing up at BetMGM. I’ll explain with more specifics below.
BetMGM Bonus Code Details
|States||AZ, CO, DC, IA, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA, WV & WY||IL, LA, KS|
|Offer||$1000 risk-free bet||Bet $10, get $200 in free bets|
|For||New users||New users|
Signing up at BetMGM takes just a few minutes.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click here to signup.
- Enter your personal info
- Use BetMGM bonus code ACTION or ACTIONYARD at checkout
- Deposit with your bank account, credit card, or PayPal — at least $10, or you won’t get the full bonus.
Offer No. 1: Risk-Free Bet
Risk-free bets and free bets sound similar but work differently. Here’s how risk-free bets work:
- If you win your first bet at BetMGM: You keep the initial bet and any profits, and you’re free to withdraw the cash or continue betting it.
- If you lose your first bet at BetMGM: You’ll get your initial bet back in free bets — equal to whatever you put in.
Whatever amount you bet is what you’ll get back if you lose (if you bet and lose $300, you’ll get $300 back in free bets and so forth.)
Here’s a real example.
Let’s say you bet $300 on the Padres to beat the Mets in their Game 1 Wildcard meeting at 8:07 p.m. E.T.
These odds are priced at +125 at BetMGM as of Friday afternoon.
- If the Padres win, you profit $375 ($300 x 1.25) and keep the original $300. You’ll have $675 to do with as you please.
- If the Padres lose, you’ll get $300 back in free bets.
Offer No. 2: Free Bets
Both codes above give free bets one way or another.
They work as follows:
- If your free bet wins, you keep the winnings.
- If your free bet loses, you end up with nothing.
Keep in mind, you don’t have to wager them all at once.
Let’s say that you do and you take your $300 in free bets from Padres-Mets and place it on UCLA to beat Utah on Saturday afternoon at +145.
- If the UCLA wins, you’ll win $435 ($300 x 1.45). You don’t keep the $300 in free bets, though.
- If the UCLA loses, you end up with nothing.
That’s why these offers aren’t truly risk-free. You can lose some or all of your deposit.
How to Use Your BetMGM Free Bets
The bigger the line, the more expected value you get over time, so you want to make plus-money wagers with free bets.
The best way to use any free bets is on longshots — always seek for plus-money opportunities.
The Padres (89-73) vs. Mets (101-61) series is studded with offensive acumen. The Padres will look towards the postseason-proofed Juan Soto and Manny Machado’s plate momentum to spearhead their lineup. The Mets deploy a Fransisco Lindor hot off of a bounce-back season in New York along with their perennial home run-slugger, Pete Alonso.
Max Scherzer (11-5, 2.29 ERA) and Yu Darvish (16-8, 3.10 ERA) will be the first to challenge these bats. Both of these pitchers have had several of the opposition’s best bats in their back pocket this season.
However, our MLB expert, Shayne Trail, explains why there’s a high chance for runs out of the gate in this one:
Max Scherzer will toe the rubber for the Mets today. He is 18-5 to the NRFI with an 8-2 home NRFI split. His biggest matchups today are against Manny Machado, who is 8-for-50, and Jake Cronenworth, who is 0-for-13.
The Padres will counter with Yu Darvish, who is 22-8 to the NRFI with a weak 11–6 road NRFI split. His most notable matchups today are against Francisco Lindor, who is 6-for-15 against hi,m and Jeff McNeil, who is 1-for-11.
The Mets are one of the better home YRFI teams. They have a low NRFI when at home of 57% pairing that with Darvish’s weak road NRFI split.
There is value here playing the YRFI.
Pick: YRFI (+135)