BetMGM Bonus Code Offers Different Values by State for CFB, NFL
Two different BetMGM bonus codes are available on Friday night and for the rest of this weekend's football slate, depending on which state you're signing up and betting from.
- If you're in Kansas, Illinois or Louisiana, bonus code ACTIONYARD will access $200 in free bets if you make a $10 moneyline bet on any game — NFL or college — and the team throws for 1+ yard. A no-brainer offer that's better than the risk-free bet.
- Users in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, NJ, Tennessee, Virginia, WV, Wyoming, or Washington DC get a $1,000 risk-free bet with bonus code ACTION.
- If you're in New York, Nevada, Pennsylvania, or Mississippi, there are no new-user offers available.
The $200 in free bets offer is better, so if you're in Kansas, Illinois or Louisiana, you'll want to use that.
Here's the code for each state:
Not sure how all these promos work? We'll explain in more detail below.
Risk-Free Bet Bonuses at BetMGM
Let's first dive into how the risk-free bet works, since you'll want to place that before using the free bet.
- If you win your first bet at BetMGM: You keep the stake and profits, which turns into real cash you can bet or withdraw.
- If you lose your first bet at BetMGM: You'll get your initial stake back in free bets.
So in order to get the $1,000 worth of value, you must deposit and wager $1,000 on your first bet.
OK, time for a real-life example of how this could do down on Friday Night Lights with Tulane vs. Houston at 7 p.m.
Most bettors won't deposit $1,000, so let's say you put in $250. You wager the $250 on Tulane moneyline, which pays +115 at BetMGM.
- If Tulane wins, you score $287.50 in profit, plus the original $250 back.
- If Tulane loses, you'll still get $250 back in free bets.
Don't worry, we'll explain more about free bets below.
How Free Bets Work at BetMGM
From these promos, there are two main ways you'll end up with free bets — if you're in a state with ACTIONYARD, or if you lose your risk-free bet.
How can you use them? It goes like this:
- If your free bet wins, you keep the winnings (but not the free bet itself; that doesn't turn into cash, it just goes away).
- If your free bet loses, you end up with nothing.
Free bets are divided into smaller increments on BetMGM, so you don't have to wager them all at once. However, we will in this example just to simplify things.
You place the $300 on Wake Forest to upset Florida State on Saturday. The Demon Deacons are set at +200 at BetMGM.
- If Wake Forest wins, you'll profit $600, but won't keep the initial $300 in free bets. So now you've got $600 in your account as the result of your $200 deposit from the Tulane-Houston game.
- If Wake Forest loses, you end up with $0.
BetMGM Bonus Code Details
- Promo Code:ACTION or ACTIONYARD (KS, IL, LA only)
- Offer details: Deposit and bet $10, get $200 in free bets, or $1,000 risk-free bet
- Available in:AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, NJ, TN, VA, WV & WY
- Offer for: New BetMGM users
How do I Sign Up for BetMGM Sportsbook?
Signing up at BetMGM takes just a few minutes.
- Click here to signup.
- Enter accurate signup info (name, address, last four digits of SSN)
- Use BetMGM bonus code ACTION or ACTIONYARD at checkout
- Deposit with your bank account, credit card, or PayPal
Keep in mind: in order to claim these promos, you must deposit at least $10.
If you don't live in a state with online betting but are traveling to a different state, it's perfectly legal to sign up and bet, as long as you're within state lines.
Just enter your actual information and don't use a fake address like your Airbnb address or friend's address if they're in a legal state and you' don't live there. You're allowed to bet as long as you're in the state.
How to Use Your BetMGM Free Bets
While minus-money wagers seem auspicious, it is best to take advantage when opportunity calls and go with plus-money. The best way to use any free bets is on longshots.
The bigger the line, the more expected value you get over time. Things priced between +300 to +600 in tight markets, meaning the gap between the two sides isn't too large, are the optimal way to go.
With that said, take a look at how our experts are viewing the slate of opportunities heading into Week 5:
- Brad Cunningham's early Week 5 wagers include betting the spread on these 3 marquee matchups.
- Iowa squares up with Michigan as the home underdog Saturday — here are the key factors to consider between the Hawkeyes and Wolverines.
- Our Pac-12 power rankings and how you can bet on USC, Washington, Oregon and more diving into Week 5 action.
- Three matchups to watch for the for the over/under in our Week 5 CFB Betting Pace Report.