BetMGM Bonus Code TOPACTION Unlocks $1,000 Offer for Saturday NFL Slate
BetMGM NFL, 01/21/2023
BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION earns news users in most BetMGM states a $1,000 first bet on the house that can be used on any sport or any game. That includes Saturday’s two-game NFL slate featuring Jags-Chiefs and Giants-Eagles.
What does a “first bet on the house” mean? If your first wager at BetMGM Sportsbook loses, you’ll be refunded in bet credits, equal to whatever you lost. As long as it’s less than $1,000. Just use BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION at checkout to unlock the offer.
And remember, this bonus can be used on any game in any sport at BetMGM. It just has to be your first wager on the platform. Unfortunately, there isn’t a box to check to “activate” the offer in your bet slip once you’re signed up and on the platform, which is a little confusing for new users. You just make your first bet, and you’ll be refunded in bet credits if it loses.
BetMGM is one of the market-leading sportsbooks in the United States, and a useful book to have in your arsenal, especially around the NFL.
Here’s how their sign-up bonus works.
Signing Up at BetMGM
Signing up at BetMGM is painless, and will take just a couple minutes.
- Start by clicking here
- Use bonus code TOPACTION at checkout
- Enter all your info — name, address, phone number, last four digits of your SSN so they can verify your identity, etc.
- Note: If you’re traveling to a BetMGM state, you can still sign up, even if you don’t live there. Just use all your real information, including your real address, or BetMGM won’t be able to verify you. Check out our complete guide to traveling and betting if you have further questions.
- Deposit at least $10
- Make your first bet up to $1,000
How BetMGM’s Bonus Code Works
We did an in-depth guide about each type of offer, since the sign-up language can often be different by sportsbook. It’s been updated to reflect changes in Ohio, which has specific restrictions around what kind of language sportsbooks can use.
Alright, now to BetMGM’s promo offer. Let’s dive into examples from Saturday’s NFL slate.
Making Your First Bet
Ideally, you want to place your entire deposit on your first wager. It sounds scary, but it’s the best way to maximize this promo, mathematically anyway. And we always like to be on the right side of the math.
Of course, you’ll get the max theoretical value by betting the full $1,000 (and not a penny more), but everyone’s financial situation is different. And you can lose your entire deposit with this promo, so never wager what you’re not comfortable losing.
It’s also optimal to bet at plus-money using these promos — we explain why here. Say I deposit $100 and put it on the Jaguars moneyline against the Chiefs at +350. There are two possible outcomes (since postseason NFL games can’t end in a tie).
- If the Jags win, I win $350 ($100 bet x 3.5) and keep the original $100. I’ll now have $450 of real cash in my account. The promo is effectively over.
- If the Jags lose, I get $100 back in bet credits, since that’s what I lost.
So what are bet credits, anyway? We’ll explain more below.
Bet Credits With BetMGM
If your first bet loses, you’ll get bet credits back equal to whatever you lost.
The optimal bet credit strategy is like we already talked about — bet at plus-money. You’ll be getting much more expected value, considering you don’t keep the bet stake BetMGM is giving you. Check out more of the math here in our +EV betting guide.
After getting $100 in bet credits Saturday if the Jags lose, say you put all $100 on the Cowboys moneyline at +175.
- If the Cowboys win, you profit $175 but don’t keep the $100 in bet credits. You’ve now profited $75 off a $100 deposit, and the promo is over.
- If the Cowboys lose, your bet credit is gone, as is your entire deposit.
Best Ways to Use BetMGM’s Offer on Saturday
- Check out our huge swath of best bets for Chiefs-Jaguars, including an against the spread pick, receiving props, and more.
- Sean Koerner has a same game parlay that pays almost 5-1 for Chiefs-Jags, only three legs!
- Chris Raybon’s five favorite bets for the Saturday Divisional Round games as he looks to stay red-hot.
- NFL not your thing? Our staff has seven bets for Saturday’s college basketball slate, including TCU and Texas A&M.
Check out some more props, from Raybon and Koerner in this video below.
BetMGM Casino Offerings
If you want to take your holiday fun beyond the sportsbook, be sure to check out Action Network’s BetMGM Casino offer with a value up to $1,025 when you use casino bonus code ACTIONCASINO.
Must be 21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. A Problem Gambling Helpline is available 24/7 at 1-800-589-9966 or texting 4HOPE to 741741.