BetMGM Bonus Code TOPACTION Secures $1,000 for Daytona 500, Any Event
For bettors looking to rev up some wagers for Sunday’s Daytona 500, there’s a $1,000 first bet on the house available with BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION.
In addition to Ohio, this promotion is live in all BetMGM Sportsbook states except for New York.
Bettors can also place action with this promotion on the NBA All-Star Game or any other sporting event, Sunday and beyond.
We’ll look at some expert bets for Sunday’s big race to exemplify how this opportunity can be used to strike profit.
Using our BetMGM Bonus Code at Daytona
This works pretty simple: Win and collect your profits; lose and get your wager back in the form of bonus bets.
So let’s suppose I deposit $1,000 and bet it on Christopher Bell to win.
Here’s what Nick Giffen suggested about the play in his Daytona 500 write up:
Only seven Toyota drivers are entered in this year’s Daytona 500. One of those – Travis Pastrana – isn’t even guaranteed a starting spot and must race his way into the field.
Even if Pastrana makes it in, then assuming every Toyota driver had an equal shot to finish top Toyota, +600 would be fair odds for each.
Two things are wrong with this. First, Pastrana is a very inexperienced rookie, making his Cup Series debut and not having raced in the NASCAR Xfinity Series since 2013.
Additionally, there’s no reason for Bell to be ranked significantly lower than the average Toyota. Ty Gibbs, a rookie, probably has lower expectations than Bell, and Martin Truex Jr. has never been a top-tier superspeedway racer.
At +650 odds, I would either net the $7,500 payout or get back $1,000 in bonus bets if Bell doesn’t win.
Profiting With Bonus Bets
Once the race is over, the bet will settle and we’ll have the bonus bets in our account (should it lose).
The longshot odds are best to use with bonus bets since we won’t be keeping the stake and it nets the best value over time.
Suppose we break off $100 in bonus bets and place it on a two-leg NBA All-Star same game parlay of Team Giannis +2.5 and over 324.5 points for +272 odds.
If the SGP hits, we win $272, but don’t keep the $100. But if it loses, we profit $0.
More Ways to Bet the Daytona 500
- PJ Walsh gives insight to why betting Aric Almirola is a wise outright bet with value at 35-1 odds.
- Walsh also expands on why he likes Kyle Larson’s 10-1 pole odds.
- Giffen writes up a longshot prop bet that involves Almirola to win pole position.
- Giffen also loves the math and the narrative on Ryan Blaney to win the race, too.
NASCAR Betting Guide
For those unfamiliar with betting auto racing, there’s a few types of prop bets to be aware of:
- Stage winner: When a bettor wagers on a driver to win each or a specific stage of the race.
- Fastest lap: This market is for bettors that want to wager on a driver to record the fastest lap of the race. This is measured in time.
- Pole position: For bettors who want to pick which driver they think is going to snag a starting spot for the race.
- Which manufacturer to win: More modest odds that offer a market for bettors who want to bet on the car rather than the driver.
If you’re interested in reading more about betting NASCAR, check out Walsh’s how-to racing guide on futures, driver matchups and group matchups.
Signing Up at BetMGM
BetMGM has a few things you
- 21+ years old
- New users must be located in a state where BetMGM is active. It should be noted that you don’t have to live in Ohio to wager, you just have to be in the state at the time of activation and making a bet. Check out our travel betting guide for more details.
- Access to valid deposit method (credit/debit card, bank account, or other accepted medium)
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.