BetMGM Bonus Code ACTION Nets $1,000 Risk-Free for Friday
DifferentBetMGM bonus codes can be claimed (depending on your state) ahead of a huge sports weekend featuring marquee college football and basketball, NFL Week 10 and more.
- ACTION: Unlocks a $1,000 risk-free bet — aka you'll be refunded in free bets if your first bet loses, equal to the amount you lost.
- ACTIONYARD: Get $200 in free bets if you bet $10 or more on a CFB or NFL team and they throw for 1+ passing yard. Kansas, Illinois and Louisiana only.
- ACTIONOHIO: MGM will give you $200 in free bets with no deposit required.
- Maryland:Use this link to get $200 in free bets ahead of launch later this monht.
New York is one of the only BetMGM states without any sign-up offers right now.
Confused? Don't worry, we'll explain it all below.
How the $1,000 Risk-Free Works
With the risk-free bet, there are two parts to consider:
- Making your first bet
- Using the free bets if your first bet loses
We'll cover both below.
Making Your First Bet
The risk-free bet will go like this. If your first bet is a loser, you'll be refunded whatever you lost in free bets.
Over a large sample, free bets generally convert to cash at a 70% rate.
OK, let's dive into an example on Friday night's sports slate.
So say you bet under 145.5 with the $200 you deposited. Here's how it could go.
- If the game goes under, you win $181, and keep the original $200. That $381 is now yours to withdraw or continue betting.
- If the game goes over, you'll get $200 back in free bets.
Here's why Shane McNichol loves the under:
These are two good teams and we should all be excited to see them play. And yet, I’m throwing all basketball knowledge out the window and betting the under for one simple reason: the game is being played outdoors on a boat!
The USS Abraham Lincoln is certain to be a great atmosphere for a game played on Veterans Day, though it is a far departure from the venues where both teams typically play and practice.
We have some prior data, though from an incredibly small sample size.
The teams combined to make just 6-of-32 from long range, good for 19%. Michigan State shot 30.6% from the field and only scored 0.82 points per possession.
Those 2011 Tar Heels averaged over 81 points per game and only scored fewer points than their seaside output in three of 38 games that year. That Michigan State team only failed to hit 55 points twice all season.
Toss out the record books and the analytics. If you’ve hooped outdoors before, you know this is the play.
OK, so how do the free bets work if they come into play? Let's dive in.
Using the Free Bets, If You Get Them
I like to think of free bets like your friend is staking you the bet and letting you keep the winnings. But if it does win, they take back the bet amount.
Because the free bets would only come into play if you lose your Friday night bet, we'll turn to Saturday's college football slate.
You don't have to use all your free bets at once, but for this example, we will:
- If TCU wins, I'll win $450 ($200 x 2.25) but I don't keep the original $200.
- If TCU loses, I end up with nothing.
How $200 in Free Bets Works
The second offer — which is better than the $1,000 risk-free because you don't actually have to risk very much at all — works just like the free bets we described above.
- Use code ACTIONYARD at checkout
- Bet $10 on any CFB or NFL game; let's say ECU vs. Cincinnati on Friday night
- Get $200 in free bets if your team throws for a single yard
Again, the free bets go like this — BetMGM pays for the stake, you keep the winnings if it wins. And they take back the stake.
Because I won't have the free bets until I activate them Friday with ECU vs. Cincinnati, we'll use the TCU vs. Texas example again. Pretend I put all $200 in free bets on the Horned Frogs.
- If TCU wins, I'll win $450 ($200 x 2.25) but again I don't get to keep the actual $200 free bet. I'll now have $450 in my account to withdraw or bet.
- If TCU loses, I'll only have my original deposit left.
Ohio & Maryland Pre-Registration
Two new states will launch sports betting in the next few months. BetMGM is offering an excellent sign-up bonus in both states — $200 in free bets with no deposit required. Because acquiring new customers during state launches is so important, you won't get a better offer than this.
Here's how to claim them.
Offers by State
Offer Details & Signup
Signing up at BetMGM is simple:
- Click here to signup.
- Use ACTION, ACTIONYARD or ACTIONOHIO at checkout
- Enter all the necessary info
- Deposit at least $10
- Make your first bet up to $1,000
If you're headed to a state with legal betting this week, you can still sign up and bet. Just use all your real, accurate information, not the hotel you're staying at as an address or your friend's house.