MNF: BetMGM Bonus Code ACTION Activates $1,000 Before Eagles-Commanders
BetMGM bonus code ACTION unlocks a $1,000 risk-free bet for new users in almost every state (New York does not apply).
So how does it work? Just make your first wager on the platform and if it loses, you'll get credited the same amount back in free bets.
We'll dive into more examples below.
There are a few other bonus codes available in select states that are better than the $1,000 risk-free offer:
- ACTIONYARD: For users in Illinois, Louisiana and Kansas only. Get $200 in free bets when you bet $10 on any NFL or college football game (and the team you bet throws for 1+ passing yard).
- ACTIONOHIO: Get $200 in free bets if you're an Ohio user who signs up now ahead of the Jan. 1 launch. No deposit required!
- Maryland:Use this link to get $200 in free bets ahead of launch later this month.
Here are the best offers by state:
How the Risk-Free Bet Works
Let's dive into examples for the risk-free bet using Monday Night Football between the Eagles and Commanders.
If your first bet loses, you'll get refunded in free bets equal to the amount that you lost.
Say you deposit $300 and bet it all on the Commanders moneyline on MNF at +400 at BetMGM.
- If Washington wins, you profit $1,200, and keep the original $300.
- If Washington loses, you get $300 back in free bets.
So how do free bets work? Let's dive in.
What Happens When the Risk-Free Bet Loses?
So what's next after your first bet loses? You'll get free bets back.
Free bets are almost like cash, but they have to be wagered to turn into money you can withdraw. It's also like MGM is spotting you the bet amount, and you keep the winnings if it hits.
Let's say you use your risk-free bet on Monday Night Football and want to use your free bets on Tuesday night. You put it all on Ball State +160 against Ohio in MACtion.
- If Ball State wins, you pocket $480 ($300 x 1.6) but don't keep the original $300. That goes back to MGM. So you'll now have $480 in your account off a $300 deposit, good for a profit of $180.
- If Ball State loses, you end up with nothing.
How ACTIONYARD Works
Bonus code ACTIONYARD acts similarly to the free bets we just described. But the reason it's a better offer is because you don't really have to risk much to get $200 in free bets.
- Use bonus code ACTIONYARD at checkout
- Bet $10 on any NFL game
- Get $200 in free bets if the team you bet throws 1+ passing yard
So how do the free bets work? It's like BetMGM pays for the bet, and you keep the winnings if the bet wins. If it loses, it's gone.
Say I use all $200 in free bets on the Panthers moneyline at +140 against the Falcons. If Carolina wins, I'll profit $280, but not keep the $200. If they lose, I'll only have my deposit.
That's why this is a better offer than the $1,000 risk-free, because you can make a few hundred bucks without actually risking anything.
Ohio & Maryland Pre-Registration
Ohio users can use code ACTIONOHIO to get $200 in free bets with no deposit required.
You of course won't be able to bet until Jan. 1, when sports betting in the Buckeye State goes live. Maryland is expected to go live later this month.
Offer Details & Signup
Signing up at BetMGM is simple:
- Click here to signup.
- Use ACTION, ACTIONYARD or ACTIONOHIO at checkout
- Enter your personal info. You may be asked for the last four digits of your social security number, which is needed to verify your identity.
- Deposit at least $10
- Make your first bet up to $1,000
If you're headed to a state with legal betting this week, you can still sign up and bet. Just use all your real, accurate information, not the hotel you're staying at as an address or your friend's house.