BetMGM Bonus Code TOPACTION Banks New Users $1,000 for Wednesday Bowl Games
BetMGM Bowl Games, 12/28/2022
New users can take advantage of the BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION to claim a bet on the house of up to $1,000 should their first wager lose.
What a jolly belated Christmas gift to receive while enjoying a relaxing holiday season watching bowl games, like Ole Miss-Texas Tech!
Learn more about BetMGM to see why it is one of the industry's leading sportsbooks. For those interested in some additional fun and games, be sure to check out Action Network's BetMGM Casino offer with a value up to $1,025 when you use our casino bonus code ACTIONCASINO.
Bonus Codes for BetMGM by State
It's worth noting that BetMGM has a variety of new user promotions depending on your location. While most bettors are eligible to receive the $1,000 risk-free bet, others will get a slightly different offer.
Here's a breakdown of all of the available BetMGM bonus code options along with details for each state where the sportsbook is currently active.
- TOPACTION: A $1,000 first bet on the house.
- ACTIONYARD: For users in Maryland, Kansas, Illinois and Louisiana only. Get $200 in bet credits if the NFL team you bet throws for 1+ yard. It's a lower-risk offer than the $1,000 first bet on the house.
- ACTIONOHIO: Get $200 in bet credits with no deposit required. BetMGM is expected to launch in Ohio on Jan. 1.
BetMGM Sign Up Process
Getting registered and collecting your new user bonus with BetMGM is a simple 5-step process:
- Click here to begin your BetMGM registration
- Input the appropriate bonus code for BetMGM based on your location (ex: TOPACTION, ACTIONYARD, ACTIONOHIO)
- Enter the required account information to verify your identity (i.e. name, address, email, last four digits of SSN, etc.)
- Make your initial deposit to start your bankroll ($10 minimum)
- Place your first bet and wait for the results (remember that you can get up to $1,000 on BetMGM in most states if your first bet loses, so think about going for that long shot)
BetMGM New User Promo Requirements
BetMGM has a few requirements that potential new users have to meet in order to register for their sportsbook. Confirm your eligibility with the checklist below:
- Must be 21+ years old
- New users must be located in a state where BetMGM is active. It's important to note that new players do not have to live in a legal betting state, they just have to be there at the time of activation and making a bet. Check out our travel betting guide for more details.
- Access to valid deposit method (credit/debit card, bank account, or other accepted medium)
How Does the $1,000 First Bet on the House Promotion Work?
If you are completely new to sports betting, it is definitely worth your time to familiarize yourself with common betting terminology as it relates to sportsbook offers. Also, don't forget to review Action Network's tips for first-time bettors to position yourself for success.
Alright, now it's time to talk about the fun stuff—how to use the BetMGM new user bonus to its fullest potential.
Choosing a First Bet
Once you've made your initial deposit, shop for a bet that you want to place your entire bankroll on (up to $1,000). This may sound scary, but this strategy is the best way to maximize this BetMGM offer. Remember, they'll return your stake if your first wager loses.
Let's use today's Ole Miss-Texas Tech bowl game as an example to see this promo in action.
First thing's first – find a prop bet or other long shot (maybe a parlay?) wager that offers significant plus-money. These are the types of wagers that offer the most value with bet credits and promotional offers.
In our betting example, lets pick Texas Tech to win the game at +145. If we wager $1,000 and win, we'd profit $1,450.00 (as well as get our $1,000 stake back). If we lose, our $1,000 will be given back to us by BetMGM for bet credits.
So, your bet doesn't hit, and now you've got free bet credits coming your way. Now what? Let's get into it.
Bet Credits With BetMGM
In our example above, you wagered your full $1,000 bankroll on the Texas Tech moneyline (+145).
Hypothetically, the bet lost, so as part of the new user promotion, BetMGM is now going to credit your account with 10 separate $100 bet credits. Think of these as $100 spots courtesy of BetMGM. They'll cover your wager, but if your bet wins, you only get to keep the profits.
Now you might be wondering, what should I do with all these free bet credits? Well, the free bet strategy is similar to we previously outlined. Continue to seek out plus-money wagers with high-value potential. These bets are far from sure things, but if they win, it will be a significant bankroll booster.
Here's another example using one of your newly acquired $100 bet credits.
For Thursday's bowl game action we can make a parlay. Let's pick Minnesota, Florida State, and Texas to all win their bowl games tomorrow. This would be set at +161 odds on BetMGM.
If we wager one of our $100 in bet credits on this parlay, here's how it would go:
- If the parlay hits, we win $161.65. We don't get the stake back since it was given to us by BetMGM.
- If it loses, we don't get anything since that free bet is gone, and it's on to the next one.
ACTIONYARD Bonus Code Overview
If you're a resident of Maryland, Kansas, Illinois, or Louisiana, the promotional information above does not pertain to you. Instead, BetMGM is offering a near no-risk, NFL-specific bonus. Here's how it works:
- Simply bet $10 on any NFL game
- If the team you've wagered on throws for 1+ yard in the game (yes, you read that right), then you get $200 in bet credits.
While the money value may not be as high with ACTIONYARD, new users are practically guaranteed free money from BetMGM in the form of four $50 free bet credits.
Nothing changes in terms of strategy with these free bet credits. Go for plus-money wagers that you think could have a reasonable chance of winning to maximize your profits.
Bets to Make on Wednesday
UCF vs. Duke
Duke has the statistical upper hand for three reasons:
- The game has gone over in all six of Duke’s bowl games in the last 25 years.
- Duke is also 5-0 ATS in bowl games over the last decade.
- The Blue Devils are on a three game winning streak.
Also, UCF's head coach is 2-5 in bowl games and their offense won't be good enough to match Duke's. It'll be looking like a Blue Devils win before New Years.
The Pick: Duke to cover -3.5 & total over 62 (+264)
Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech
Our own Evan Abrams prepared us for this total: Totals of 70 or more in bowl season are just 2-6-2 to the over in the last 10 games dating back to 2016.
Beware of high-rising totals, too. Totals that close at 60 or higher and that move at least three points up from open are just 26-32 (44.8%) to the over since 2005.
The Pick: Under 69.5 (-110)