BetMGM Ohio Bonus Code: $1,000 Offer in OH & All Other States for Eagles-Chiefs
BetMGM OH Super Bowl, 02/12/2023
Ohio sports betting is just over one month old and BetMGM Sportsbook is still offering a first bet on the house up to $1,000 for the Super Bowl with BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION. That means if your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded in bonus bets equal to what you lost.
Here are the two offers available in Ohio and all other BetMGM states (besides New York).
- BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION: A $1,000 first bet on the house. This is available in all BetMGM Sportsbook states except New York. That means if your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded in bonus bets equal to what you lost.
- BetMGM bonus code ACTION100: Get $100 in bonus bets when you bet $10 on either moneyline. You’ll get the bonus bets instantly, so you once you bet the Super Bowl, you can use them on the Super Bowl. Most offers like this will make you wait until your first bet finishes to claim the bonus, but not this one.
Confused about these offers? Or don’t know what a moneyline is? We’ll explain more below.
How to Sign Up at BetMGM
Signing up is a breeze at BetMGM. If you’re traveling from out of state to a state where BetMGM is legal, you can still sign up. Check out our traveler’s betting guide for everything you need to know. Here are the five steps:
- Start by clicking here
- Use TOPACTION or ACTION100 at checkout
- Enter all your real, accurate info. That includes an accurate home address, even if you’re traveling to a different state. Don’t use your parent’s address, or your AirBNB. BetMGM won’t be able to verify your
- Deposit at least $10
- Make your first bet up to $1,000, or put $10 on either moneyline if you used ACTION100.
BetMGM Bonus Codes, Explained
Each sportsbook has a slightly different way to describe sign-up offers. We put together a quick guide to explain how each offer works, and what the different lingo means.
BetMGM’s TOPACTION offer is pretty standard. It’s a “first bet on the house.” That means if your first wager on the platform loses, you’ll be refunded in bonus bets equal to whatever you lost. We’ll take a look at a Super Bowl example below.
Making Your First Bet
It sounds strange, but the best strategy is to use bonus bets and first bet offers on plus-money wagers because you’re getting more expected value. Most people like to “lock in a profit” with a “sure thing” but the math says otherwise.
Alright, let’s tackle a Super Bowl example. Say I deposit $300 and put it all on Miles Sanders to score a touchdown for the Eagles at +120.
If Sanders does score, I’ll profit $360 — because $300 x 1.2 is $360 — and I keep my initial bet. If Sanders doesn’t score, I get $300 back in bonus bets, which I’ll explain below.
Here are the two possible results and what your account balance will look like:
|Result||Profits||Total $ in acct.|
|Sanders scores||$360||$660 cash|
|Sanders doesn’t score||-$300||$300 bonus bets|
OK, now it’s time to use the bonus bets. It’s like a credit — you keep the winnings if your bet wins, but not the bonus bet amount itself.
If Sanders doesn’t score, say you put a $50 bonus bet on Texas Tech moneyline against Texas at +110 in college basketball action on Monday night. You won’t get the bonus bet until after the Super Bowl.
- If Texas Tech wins, you profit $55 ($50 x 1.1) but you don’t keep the bonus. In this case, you’ll have $55 cash and $250 in bonus bets left.
- If Texas Tech loses, you’ll just have $250 in bonus bets remaining.
If you’re looking for a lower-risk offer, ACTION100 is for you.
With this offer, you just need to bet $10 on either Super Bowl team on the moneyline. Instantly, you’ll get $100 in bonus bets, so you can actually use them on the Super Bowl.
Bonus bets work the same as we described above in the TOPACTION offer. Let’s say you put a $25 bonus bet on Kadarius Toney to score a touchdown for the Chiefs at +300.
- If Toney scores, you profit $75 in cash but you don’t keep the $25 bonus. You’ll have $75 in bonus bets remaining, too.
- If Toney doesn’t score, the bonus just goes away, and you’ll have $75 in bonus bets left.
BetMGM Casino Offerings
If you want to take your holiday fun beyond the sportsbook, be sure to check out Action Network’s BetMGM Casino offer with a value up to $1,025 when you use casino bonus code ACTIONCASINO.
Must be 21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. A Problem Gambling Helpline is available 24/7 at 1-800-589-9966 or texting 4HOPE to 741741.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.