BetMGM Bonus Code Offers $1,000 in Ohio, $1,050 in Most Other States for Thursday
BetMGM OH NBA, 01/26/23
BetMGM Sportsbook is offering new users up to $1,050 in value with BetMGM bonus code ACTIONBONUS50. It’s available in all BetMGM states plus New York (which has no new-user offers) and Ohio (which has different offers).
With ACTIONBONUS50, new bettors get a $50 bonus bet no matter what, plus a first bet on the house up to $1,000. So if your first wager loses, you’ll be refunded in bet credits, up to $1,000.
In Ohio, there are two different offers at BetMGM Sportsbook. A $1,000 first bet on the house with BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION, or $200 in bet credits no matter what when you bet $10 on any NBA game with bonus code ACTIONNBA. The ACTIONNBA offer is also available in Maryland, Illinois, Louisiana and Kansas.
Here are the codes you can use, and a chart by state:
BetMGM Bonus Code by State
- TOPACTION for a $1,000 first bet on the house.
- ACTIONBONUS50 fora $1,000 first bet on the house plus $50 in bonus bets
- ACTIONNBA for $200 in bet credits when you bet $10 on any NBA game.
We’ll explain more about how these offers and bet credits work below.
BetMGM Ohio Bonus Codes
So how does the first bet on the house actually work?
Let’s say you deposit $100 and put it on one of our director of predictive analytics, Sean Koerner’s, favorite prop of the weekend — Devonta Smith to lead Eagles-49ers in receiving yards at +270.
- If Smith leads the game in yardage and the bet wins, you profit $270 ($100 x 2.7) and you keep the $100 in cash you wagered on it. That $370 in your account is now liquid, and you can withdraw or continue betting it.
- If Smith doesn’t, you get $100 back in bonus bets.
Here is Koerner’s full writeup:
Brown is dealing with a hip injury, so he may not be 100% and could be used as more of a decoy. He also fares much better against man coverage, so he’s less likely to thrive against a zone heavy team like the 49ers. Dallas Goedert may see Fred Warner in coverage at times, and Warner is playing at an elite level right now. He even prevented CeeDee Lamb from catching a couple of passes last week.
Smith will likely be Jalen Hurts top target in what should be a more pass-heavy game script we typically see from the Eagles, who are also likely going to face more third-down situations this week. Smith has been Hurts’ top target on third downs this year.
The 49ers have been vulnerable to downfield targets this year. They’ve allowed the fifth-highest yards per attempt on pass attempts of 20 or more yards down the field.
The 49ers have a ton of weapons in the passing game, which means Purdy will likely spread the ball around, which lowers the ceiling of each pass catcher. Plus, the Eagles rank first in pass DVOA and 21st against the run. The 49ers will likely lean on their run game in this matchup.
I like the value we are getting on Smith to lead the game in receiving yards at +270 (FanDuel) and would bet it down to +240.
How BetMGM Bonus Bets
Bonus bets are a new term in the industry but they work like these sort of “bet credits” always have — you keep the profit of the bet, but not the original stake.
You’ll get $200 worth of bet credits back, split into four, $50 bets. Say you want to take $50 and put it on Chiefs moneyline at +110 in the AFC Championship Game on Sunday night.
- If the Chiefs win, you win $55 ($50 x 1.1) but don’t keep the $50 in bonus bets.
- If the Chiefs lose, you lose the bonus bet, and it’s gone.
We always recommend you make plus-money wagers with your bet credits, so taking spreads actually isn’t the best idea. You’re getting much more expected value, since you don’t keep the initial stake. While you may not hit your bet credits as often at +500 since those outcomes are less likely, it’s mathematically optimal and you’ll make money in the long run.
Signing Up at BetMGM
BetMGM has a few things you
- 21+ years old
- New users must be located in a state where BetMGM is active. It should be noted that you don’t have to live in Ohio to wager, you just have to be in the state at the time of activation and making a bet. Check out our travel betting guide for more details.
- Access to valid deposit method (credit/debit card, bank account, or other accepted medium)
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.