FanDuel Maryland Promo Code: What’s Offered in MD vs. Other States for 49ers-Seahawks
FanDuel is offering all new users a promo code for Thursday Night Football between the Seahawks and 49ers. But they differ slightly by state.
There’s a better offer available in Maryland than anywhere else after the state launched legal sports betting a few weeks ago.
- Signing up in Maryland: Use this link to get $200 in free bets when you bet at least $5 on any game.
- In any other FanDuel State: Get a $1,000 no-sweat bet by using this link. We covered how FanDuel’s no-sweat bets work here.
Confused? We’ll explain more below, with examples for Thursday Night Football.
FanDuel’s Maryland Promo Code, Explained
Let’s dive into some examples from Thursday and this weekend’s sports slate to explain how this promo code offer works. We also did a deep dive into the different promos that sportsbooks offer.
Getting the Free Bets
First, you’ll need to sign up at FanDuel and put $5 on any game. That will trigger the free bets.
So let’s say I deposit $5 and bet it on the Seahawks +150 on Thursday Night Football. If Seattle wins, I’ll profit $7.50 and keep the original $5. If the Seahawks lose, I’ll lose the $5.
But either way, I’ll get $200 in free bets. The $200 in free bets do expire in 14 days, so use them this weekend or shortly after so they don’t expire.
Using Free Bets
OK, now it’s time to use the free bets. The nice thing about FanDuel’s free bets is they don’t have to be placed all at once — you can $4 on one bet, $24 on another, or $200 all at once.
We always suggest betting on longshots when it comes to using a promotion. You make more profits over time — even if you’re winning fewer bets. It’s due to the expected value, since you don’t keep the bet stake and just keep the winnings.
Pretend you take $20 of your free bets and wager on the Jaguars +200 against the Cowboys.
- If the Jags win, you win $40, but don’t keep the $20 free bet. You only keep the profit. You’ll now have $40 in cash (plus whatever you deposited) and $180 in free bets left.
- If the Jags lose, the free bet goes away, and you’ll have $180 remaining.
How FanDuel’s Offer Works in Other States
FanDuel’s no-sweat bet works a little different than the Maryland free bet offer. There’s more risk.
It works like this — FanDuel will refund your first wager on the platform in free bets if it loses.
So say you deposit $100 and bet it all on Seahawks moneyline at +150.
- If Seattle loses, you get $100 back in free bets.
- If Seattle wins, you profit $150, keep the original $100, and your promo is effectively over.
If the Seahawks do lose, the free bets kick in, and work as we described above.
Signing Up For FanDuel
Signing up for FanDuel is an easy 4-step process. Follow the directions below to get your account activated and ready for betting.
Step 1. Click here to visit FanDuel. Navigate to “Bet Now” in the middle of the page, and select your state.
Step 2. Enter your details:
- Create a Secure Password
- Legal Name
Date of Birth
- Home Address
Last four digits of your SSN
Step 3. Confirm your age and eligibility (must be 21+ years old).
Step 4. You’re ready to deposit and bet!
Free Bet Rules
- Free bet credits cannot be withdrawn as cash. You can only use them to make wagers within the FanDuel platform.
- Free bet credits can and will expire if you do not use them within the allotted time (typically within 7 days of receipt).
- Free bets do not have to be used as a lump sum. In other words, players can use a portion of their free bet credit total over several bets until it is used up.
- Players will only receive the winnings from a wager that uses a free bet. You will not get the free bet stake like you would when playing with your own money.
- Free bets cannot be combined with other FanDuel promotions.