FanDuel Promo Code Gets Bettors $150 for NFL Week 1 This Sunday
NFL Week 1 is here, and new bettors can turn to market leader FanDuel as their first new wagering option for the 2022 season.
They’re also very generous to both new and existing users. This offer is just for new ones, and here’s how it works: Simply sign up at FanDuel using this link, deposit, and place a $5 NFL bet. Once the bet settles, you win $150 in free bets. Users must make their first bet before the free bets will show up.
Here’s how it works.
Understanding Fanduel Promo Code Free Bets
Users new to online sports betting must understand the difference between free bets and other promotions like risk-free bets.
A free bet is not withdrawable but can be wagered on anything. If it wins, it turns into real cash (but you don’t get the original free bet back in cash). Some sportsbooks will break up the free bets into smaller increments, so you may get 15, $10 free bets to equal $150.
Here’s an example of a free bet.
If the Jags win, you’ll pocket $13 (but not the $10 free bet back). That $13 is now cash that you can withdraw. If Jacksonville loses, the free bet is gone.
FanDuel’s no-sweat first bet is where it gets a bit more confusing. Most sportsbooks call it a “risk-free bet.”
- If your first bet wins, you keep the winnings and it’s real cash.
- But if you lose, you’re given a free bet back that’s equal to the amount of that first losing bet.
The “catch” is that in order to get a $1,000 free bet, you have to deposit and wager the full $1,000. If you deposit $100, you’ll get a $100 risk-free bet. You also have to make your first bet $1,000 — you can’t choose to use it a week from now. Whatever your first bet, that’s the no-sweat bet from FanDuel.
Let’s say you deposited $200 and bet $200 on the Cardinals to beat the Chiefs straight-up this weekend at +220.
- If the Cardinals win: You keep the original $200, plus the $440 from winning the bet at +220.
- If Cardinals lose: You get a $200 free bet back.
- If the next $200 free bet wins: You keep the winnings but not the $200.
- If the next $200 free bet loses: You end up with nothing.
How to Sign Up at FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel has an easy sign-up flow and product thanks to its years of experience in DFS.
Here’s how to sign up.
- Use this link instead of a FanDuel promo code
- Enter all your signup information (name, address, etc.)
- Deposit using a bank account, credit card, or PayPal
- Make your first bet!
You may have some difficulty using certain credit cards with sportsbooks, so bank account transfer is often more reliable.
Here’s our review of FanDuel, the market leader in sports betting in the United States right now.
How to Use Your FanDuel Promo Bonus
The optimal way to use any free bets is on plus-money wagers. The higher the line, the more expected value you get over time. Most bettors don’t want to use big risk-free bets on longshots at +1000, so +300 to +500 can be a good sweet spot.
Here are some of the best ways to use those new free bets on Thursday and this weekend.
- FanDuel has an extensive menu of featured NFL Week 1 bets. If you have your eye on Packers-Vikings, a bet on either Aaron Jones OR Justin Jefferson to score the first TD of the game is +350, which is right in line with the sweet spot we mentioned above.
- Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray to combine for 600+ yards passing at +125 is another fun potential option for your FanDuel Sportsbook promo code bet, especially if you’re expecting offensive fireworks in the desert.
- And in a battle of the running backs, either Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley to score 2+ TDs is +250 at FanDuel.
- If you don’t mind having your free bets tied up for a few months, Brandon Anderson has been hitting the futures market hard all off-season.
- Tail this NFL Week 1 trend that’s cashed at 60% (and sprinkle a few of these underdogs on the moneyline while you’re at it).