FanDuel Ohio Promo Code: Bonuses Available in OH vs. All Other States
FanDuel OH Thursday Night Football, 12/28/2022
The wait for legal online and in-person Ohio sports betting is almost over.
Bettors in the Buckeye State will finally be able to legally bet at midnight on Jan. 1. Although legal betting hasn’t officially launched ahead of the Thursday Night Football tilt between the Dallas Cowboys and the Tennessee Titans, Ohio bettors can get a head start by taking advantage of FanDuel Sportsbooks’ pre-registration offer.
No promo code is required to take advantage of FanDuel’s Ohio signup offer, which allows bettors to get $100 in bet credits plus three months of NBA League Pass. Click here to take advantage of the FanDuel Ohio bonus. It’s a better off than the $1,000 no-sweat bet available in all other states, because you don’t have to risk much of anything.
FanDuel’s Ohio Bonus Terms & Conditions
This pre-registration offer for Ohio users is pretty straight forward:
- You must register before Jan. 1, which is when legal sports betting goes live in Ohio.
- You’ll receive the $100 bet credit in your account on Jan. 1.
- NBA League Pass must be redeemed by Jan. 31.
How to Sign up With FanDuel
Getting registered and collecting your new user bonus with FanDuel is a simple 5-step process:
- Click here to begin the FanDuel registration.
- Create your account, and you do not need to enter a promo code.
- Enter the required account information to verify your identity (i.e. name, address, email, last four digits of SSN, etc).
- To earn the $100 in credits, no minimum deposit is required.
- Wait until betting goes live in Ohio at midnight on Jan. 1.
- You’ll have $100 to bet with on launch day, and you’ll receive an email from FanDuel within 3 days regarding your NBA League Pass free subscription.
FanDuel New User Promo Requirements
FanDuel does have some requirements that potential new users have to meet in order to register for their sportsbook. Confirm your eligibility with the checklist below:
- Must be 21+ years old
- New users must be located in a state where FanDuel is active. It should be noted that you don’t have to live in Ohio to wager, you just have to be in the state at the time of activation and making a bet. Check out our travel betting guide for more details.
- Access to valid deposit method (credit/debit card, bank account, or other accepted medium)
What Is a FanDuel Bet Credit?
Most sportsbooks offer some form of bet credits, which is almost like cash, but it can’t be withdrawn. It must be bet first, then it will turn into cash.
You don’t have to place all $100 in bets at once — you can split them up across several different bets. It’s just easiest to use one big example.
- If Dallas covers the spread, you keep the profits from that bet, but you don’t keep the bet credits.
- If Dallas loses, you end up with nothing.
We always recommend you make plus-money wagers with your bet credits, so taking spreads actually isn’t the best idea. You’re getting much more expected value, since you don’t keep the initial stake. While you may not hit your bet credits as often at +500 since those outcomes are less likely, it’s mathematically optimal and you’ll make money in the long run.
The Best Ways to Take Advantage of the FanDuel Promo Offer
If you want to know the best ways to utilize this FanDuel promo offer, be sure to check out these resources we highly recommend for new bettors. Since you’re legally betting in Ohio for the first time, these tips will help you get off to positive start.
- Sports Betting Tips for Beginners
- How to Read American Odds
- Travel Betting Guide
- Sportsbook Bonus Terminology
Read our FanDuel Sportsbook review to learn about why it’s one of the industry’s leading sportsbooks. You can also check out our FanDuel Sportsbook video review below.