FanDuel Grants No-Sweat Bet $1,000 for NBA, NHL & More Tuesday
The NBA and NHL host several premier matchups on Tuesday and FanDuel offers a $1,000 no-sweat bet promotion.
No code is needed; you can get started here.
Let’s dive right into it — I’ll expand on the following below:
- No-sweat bets and how you should use them
- Tuesday’s betting preview and a picks to consider
- How this promo will unfold
- Free bets and ways you can use them this week
How to Approach a No-Sweat Bet
We previously took an in-depth look into how FanDuel’s no-sweat bets work, but I’ll elaborate with examples from Tuesday’s game slate here.
This promotion means that bettors may wage anything from $10 to $1,000 on any sport or event with insurance.
Here are your two possible avenues with a no-sweat bet:
- Your bet wins: You keep the profits and your deposit like any other bet.
- Your bet loses: You are refunded whatever you wagered in free bets.
The higher the line, the more expected value you gather over time. Expected value means the margin between the real odds of something happening and the odds posted by the sportsbook.
Here’s an example to think about from Action Network:
A coin toss is always the easiest example — the fair odds of a coin toss are 50/50 or +100.
- So if you had +120 odds on tails, the EV would be (120-100) * .5.
- That’s $10 expected winnings on a $100 bet, or 10% EV.
If we make 100 of these 10% EV bets we would expect to net $1,000 on those 100 bets.
Previews & Bets for Tuesday’s Games
So you want to take advantage of a promo opportunity? Let’s create a parlay together.
Here are a couple of marquee games to keep an eye on Tuesday:
Colorado Avalanche vs. New York Rangers at 8 p.m. ET: Several major narratives wrap around this cross-conference meeting. From two cup contenders clashing to Alexandar Georgiev facing his former team to a couple of Norris Trophy winners and slow 3-2-1 starts. A lot will come out in the wash after three periods between these two. The Avalanche will play without captain Gabriel Landeskog while the Rangers without young center Filip Chytil.
Both teams have coughed up a pair of rocky outings in their first six contests. The Avalanche are piggybacking a 3-2 victory against Vegas while the Rangers posted a 5-1 blooper to Columbus on Sunday. The Rangers are due for a lights-out effort against a stiff hockey club and Igor Shesterkin must prove himself superior against his former backup. Artemi Panarin is also on a 12-point scoring streak in the season’s first six games.
Phoenix Suns vs. Golden State Warriors at 10 p.m. ET: The defending champions are set to face their toughest test of the season in the Suns. While the Warriors can barrage any opposition, the Suns bring a comprehensive balance to the table. Phoenix’s looming defensive presence is capable of slowing Golden State’s menacing ball possession and scoring rate. Beyond that, the Suns have the personnel to counter on offense. Devin Booker has posted 32 points and 5.2 assists per game and DeAndre Ayton has been force in the post — averaging 19 points.
An excerpt from our NBA expert Jacob McKenna‘s look on why the Suns pose unique challenges to Golden State:
The Warriors enter this matchup ranking first in the NBA in Pace (110.33). However, Phoenix has played an entirely different brand of basketball up to this point, ranking 27th in Pace (96.81). That is going to slow down this game tremendously, which is something that the Warriors have yet to experience.
|Devin Booker 25+ Points||-200|
If you’re interested in betting Suns-Warriors, give our preview a watch for some other ways to bet:
Applying This Parlay to Tuesday’s Promo
OK, let’s say you deposit $400 and bet this parlay Tuesday night.
- If this parlay hits, you win $668 ($400 x 1.67). You also keep your $600 deposit and have a grand total of $1,268.
- If the parlay misses, you get $400 back in free bets.
An Illustration of Free Bets
You can place bets with free bets to win real cash, but can’t withdraw them. If your bet wins, you can collect the profits. But if it loses, it’s gone.
Say you bet all $400 in free bets on this parlay throughout the rest of the week:
Here’s out it would go down:
- The parlay hits: You win $2,172 ($400 x 5.43), but the $400 in free bets goes away. You profit $1,572 from your initial deposit.
- The parlay misses: You walk away with $0.
So there is some risk involved in the long run, because your deposit isn’t insured twice.
Inspiration for Free Bets this Week
Looking for more plus-money wagers to use for free bets? These columns should help turn some gears:
- Our top 4 NBA picks for Tuesday’s games — including Pistons-Wizards and Clippers-Thunder.
- Avery Zimmerman is targeting these two NHL value matchups on Tuesday.
- Brad Cunningham details two early bets to lock in for Week 9 of CFB — including ECU-BYU and Coastal Carolina-Marshall.
- Our staff has compiled the early NFL Week 8 bets to think over this week.
- Prepare with a look at the numbers between the Phillies and Astros in our World Series preview.
What Else to Know About FanDuel:
FanDuel makes it super simple to sign up. Here’s how:
- Use this link, no FanDuel promo code required (the link includes what you need!)
- Enter all your real signup information (name, address, etc.)
- Deposit using a bank account, credit card, or PayPal
- Make your first bet!
You can do everything but bet from the state you live in — sign up, withdraw, deposit, etc. You just can’t bet until you’re inside state lines of a legal state.
So if you place a bet on Sunday Night Football and then leave the state Sunday afternoon, you can still withdraw on Monday if it wins.
Here’s an FAQ on everything you need to know about traveling to a legal betting state.