Astros-Phillies Game 3: PointsBet Promo Code Catches Up to $500
The Fall Classic shifts to Philadelphia on Tuesday tied at one game apiece between the Phillies and the Houston Astros.
With the series lead on the line, PointsBetis running an interesting sign-up offer for new users looking to wage on the game at 8:03 p.m.
Click here to sign upand claim the bonus now.
How this PointsBet Promo Works
- In each of your first five days with PointsBet, if your first bet of the day loses, you get $100 in free bets.
- Anything you bet that's less than $100 and loses will be the amount you get back in free bets i.e. lose $25, get $25; lose $50, get $50 etc.
- This is only offered for your first five days — if you don't bet one day, your timeline does not extend.
- The first bet of the day must be a minimum of 50 cents and used with cash, not free bets.
- There is no minimum odds requirement.
If this still seems complicated, I've broken it down below with examples from Phillies-Astros on Tuesday.
PointsBet Offer: Phillies vs. Astros Game 3
Let's get specific. First, let's come up with a bet for Tuesday night.
Houston Astros: -125 at PointsBet
Lance McCullers Jr. will get his first looks on the mound in this World Series. His last outing on Oct. 23 against New York led to allowing three runs and eight hits in his five-inning stint.
He starts Tuesday having struck-out 13 batters this postseason with a 2.45 ERA as he faces the hottest offense in baseball. McCullers Jr. will look to his breaking balls such as his slider. Phils hitters have been successful against breaking balls, so it will be a good test.
The RHP allowed six hits and a run in his regular season meeting against Philly. Since, the rain-out on Monday gave an extra day of rest, both bullpens will be at full-strength. Houston gets back the option of using Ryan Pressly and Rafael Montero, who pitched in both of the first two contests.
Philadelphia Phillies: +110 at PointsBet
Monday's rainout changed up Philly's pitching plans as Rob Thomson elects to tap his No. 3 in the rotation, Ranger Suarez. Suarez has been excellent in the postseason — recording a 1.82 ERA in 9.2 IP.
However, the LHP got knocked around against Houston in the regular season as he allowed eight hits and six runs in 3.2 IP. It will be interesting to see how Houston's offense will handle Suarez considering they had such strong starts against the last two Philly starters.
Philly is undefeated and is averaging seven runs at Citizens Bank Park in the 2022 postseason. The Phillies didn't use any of their relievers from Game 1 in Game 2, so their best arms have extra rest to provide quick support to Suarez should things go awry.
Pick: Phillies ML+110
What Can Happen with This Bet?
OK, so you get up to a $100 free bet each day that you lose your first bet of the day.
The free bets you get back will be equal to however much you lost.
So, I sign up on Tuesday and deposit $500. I bet $250 of it on Phillies moneyline at +110. Here's how it plays out:
- The Phillies win: I keep the $250 bet stake and the $275 cash winnings. I also still have $250 I haven't touched. So I now have a total of $775.
- The Phillies lose: I end up with a $100 free bet the next day.
Since I can only bet cash on my first bet of each day in order to get the free bets should the bet lose, I wage $50 real money in my account on Sabres +105 against the Penguins on Wednesday.
Let's go again:
- The Sabres win: I win $52.50.
- The Sabres lose: I get $50 back in free bets (anything waged below $100 is what you get back in free bets if the bet loses).
This continues throughout days 3-5 of your PointsBet account should you take advantage and bet each day.
Also, the free bets disappear after seven days.
Other Ways to Bet Game 3
Here are some other ways to consider attacking Game 3 of the World Series on Tuesday:
Check out these Game 3 betting columns from our experts:
- Sean Zerillo takes a comprehensive look at how he's betting Astros-Phillies in Game 3 — he's keeping an eye out for Rhys Hoskins to pop off.
- Our staff complies a trio of Best Bets to digest before Game 3 on Tuesday, including why the Phillies could have the edge and how this game go high early.
- Mike Ianiellio supports the idea of early offensive fireworks from both sides in this game.
Free Bets Terms & Conditions
Here are the terms, straight from PointsBet.
- Free Bet stake is not included in any winnings (e.g., if you place a $20 Free Bet that wins $15, you will only receive the $15 in winnings instead of $35 (the original Free Bet stake plus winnings)).
- Maximum Number of Free Bets: 5
- Maximum Free Bet amount: $500 (max of 5 Free Bets up to $100 each)
- Free Bets will be processed within 24 hours of bet settlement.
- Free Bets expire 7 days from issuance.
- Free Bets cannot be redeemed for or withdrawn as cash at any time.
- Free Bets can only be redeemed online or in-app with a valid PointsBet Sportsbook Account.
- Free Bets cannot be used on PointsBetting wagers.
- Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
- Free Bets can be split equally up to four times (e.g., a $100 Free Bet can be split into four $25 Free Bets).
- Free Bets may be returned at PointsBet’s discretion if the market becomes void.
- Free Bets are non-refundable and may not be exchanged, substituted, or transferred.
- Bets placed using Free Bets cannot be cashed out using the Cash Out feature.