NASCAR Props Challenge Picks for Sunday’s South Point 400 at Las Vegas
Adam Hagy-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: A general view of a restart during the Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- NASCAR's Props Challenge game asks fans to answer 10 prop-betting questions each week, with weekly winners eligible for prizes.
- PJ Walsh offers his Props Challenge picks and analysis for Sunday's South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (7 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
After a 26-race regular season, the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) playoffs get underway this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
While 16 drivers are now eligible to run for the hardware, seven-time MENCS champion Jimmie Johnson finds himself on the outside looking in for the first time in his career.
To make this week’s NASCAR Props Challenge picks, I’ll rely heavily on betting odds to project expected driver performance, as well as race trends from the March MENCS race at Las Vegas.
1. Which playoff driver earns the higher finish: Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney?
Larson is currently 12-1 at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas to win Sunday’s race, while Blaney is 20-1. Let’s lean on Vegas here and take Kyle.
2. Kyle Busch has four top fives in his last seven starts at his home track. Does he earn another top five on Sunday?
Busch is currently the favorite to win with +450 odds, but expecting a top-five finish in a field with so many fast racecars is too rich for my blood.
3. Which team will have the highest finishing driver: Joe Gibbs Racing or Team Penske?
This is really close, but with Busch the favorite and all four Joe Gibbs cars listed with odds of 12 or better, I have to go JGR.
Pick: Joe Gibbs Racing