- Minnesota Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler has reportedly requested to be traded.
- Bovada, an offshore sportsbook, has the Wolves favored to keep Butler (+150 betting odds, 40% implied probability).
- The Philadelphia 76ers opened with the second-best odds, but the Los Angeles Clippers have since moved to +300 (25%) to acquire Butler.
Minnesota Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler has requested a trade, according to The Athletic’s NBA reporter Shams Charania.
Butler has reportedly given head coach Tom Thibodeau and the Wolves a list of three teams with whom he’s open to signing an extension: the Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers, per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Offshore sportsbook Bovada has since released odds on where Butler will suit up for Game 1 of the 2018-19 season:
Where will Jimmy Butler play Game 1 of the 2018-19 season?
- Minnesota Timberwolves: +150 (40.0% implied probability)
- Los Angeles Clippers: +300 (25.0%)
- Brooklyn Nets: +350 (22.2%)
- New York Knicks: +375 (21.1%)
- Philadelphia 76ers: +800 (11.1%)
- Los Angeles Lakers: +900 (10.0%)
- Boston Celtics: +1100 (8.3%)
- Golden State Warriors: +3300 (2.9%)
It’s important to note that the Wolves are under no obligation to trade Butler, who is under contract through the upcoming 2018-19 season.
Despite reports of an extension with Minnesota, it’s much more likely that Butler inks a brand new deal with a team after this upcoming season: