NBA Expert Picks: Our Staff’s Favorite Bets for Pistons-Kings, 3 More Thursday Games
Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Sacramento Kings guard De’Aaron Fox (5) reacts against the Phoenix Suns at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
- Our NBA experts offer their favorite betting picks for Thursday's four-game NBA slate.
- You'll find a number of intriguing betting angles, including historical trends, matchup analysis and why the Kings should roll the Pistons.
There are four games on tap Thursday night starting at 7 p.m. ET. That means there are plenty of betting opportunities in the marketplace. Let’s dive into some of our experts’ favorite wagers.
This piece will cover the following games:
- Boston Celtics at Miami Heat: 7 p.m. ET
- Oklahoma City Thunder at San Antonio Spurs: 9:30 p.nm. ET
- Detroit Pistons at Sacramento Kings: 10 p.m. ET
All spreads as of 4 p.m. ET and are via BetOnline.
Rob Perez: Thunder -1.5 at Spurs
This is a pure spot and number play, as the Spurs probably didn’t get back to San Antonio until 1-2 a.m. on Wednesday night after the game in Memphis.
The Thunder are coming off a gut-wrenching loss at home to Minnesota and ALL SEASON long have come for blood after they blow a game.
The Spurs have been great as of late, especially at home, but those old tired legs playing their second game in 24 hours against arguably one of the most athletic teams in the league is fresh meat.
I know Westbrook can’t shoot right now, and Gregg Popovich is going to exploit this as brutally as possible — but one thing Westbrook CAN do is Westbrook the hell out of his enemy: Relentless effort, off-ball play and creating havoc.
There’s a reason why this team is so good despite its best player not being able to hit water if he fell out of a boat. Charmeleon evolves into Charizard tonight. Westbrook finally has his Muscle Flexbrook moment.