Betting Oklahoma-Kansas State, Plus Five Other Evening Matchups
Today, I’ll take a look at the following Saturday night matchups that will impact the proverbial bubble and mid-major pecking order.
- Kansas State at Oklahoma -6 (6 p.m. ET)
- Old Dominion at Western Kentucky -2.5 (7 p.m. ET)
- Harvard at Penn -4.5 (7 p.m. ET)
- Murray State at Austin Peay +5.5 (8 p.m. ET)
- St. Bonaventure at VCU +2 (8 p.m. ET)
- Idaho at Weber State -2.5 (9 p.m. ET)
Follow me on twitter @jorcubsdan for in-game analysis, injury updates, and second half predictions. I pulled all lines from Pinnacle at the time of writing.
Kansas State at Oklahoma (-6)
6 p.m. ET
Bruce Weber and his outstanding backcourt essentially provided the blueprint for defending Trae Young, and the rest of the Big 12 has followed suit. KSU limited Young to a season-low 73 offensive rating, thanks to 8-of-21 shooting and a season-high 12 turnovers. So what did KSU do defensively that was so effective? The Wildcats hard-hedged with Makol Malwien and Dean Wade on every single ball screen. That forced Young to make quick reads over length, which led to a plethora of bad decisions.