Christopher Hanewincel-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Feleipe Franks
- Three different American sportsbooks put out college football Game of the Year lines this week.
- We're comparing each to shop for the best number.
- FanDuel, Golden Nugget and CG Technology didn't all post the same games, but there is some overlap.
It all started with an announcement from South Point in Las Vegas that they would not be first in the college football Game of the Year market.
While we all wish oddsmaker Chris Andrews the best with his health, this sent a number of sports books in a race to be the first with game of the year offerings.
The Golden Nugget announced their kickoff weeks in advance for the college football betting world to make travel arrangements. Then, CG Technology slipped in on Wednesday afternoon before Golden Nuggets and released their own set of initial college football lines.
While the fireworks were going off in Las Vegas, FanDuel quietly posted their college football game of the year numbers for the New Jersey market.
Whether you agree or disagree about the ethics in which oddsmakers release numbers, everyone should agree that a competitive market is best for the consumer.
Shopping for the best number has never meant more in 2019, as multiple outlets strive to get bettors action.
Game of the Year Lines
- Oklahoma opened as low as -15 against Houston on FanDuel. There will be correction in the New Jersey number to match Vegas, but there is still some value, per our Power Ratings.
- FanDuel was the first book to show LSU as an underdog in their road trip to Texas.
- CG Technology opened Florida -3 against Kentucky, which has seen significant action in the opening hours of betting.
- Oklahoma State has been a spur in the side of Texas over the years, and can be had from +7 to +13 throughout each shop.
- Utah +8 at Washington was one of the first point spreads to collapse at Golden Nugget, falling as far as +3.5.
- Although the number has moved to a pick’em at Fan Duel, New Jersey and Las Vegas disagreed on who should be the favorite when Ohio State visits Michigan.