Tulane 2018 Betting Odds
- To win the National Title: +750000
- To win the AAC: +4000
- To win the AAC West: N/A
- Win Total: 5.5 (over +120, under -150)
All lines taken from 5Dimes on July 9. Always shop for the best line.
Tulane 2018 Schedule, Betting Odds
The Action Network Projected Wins: 5.1
Bet To Watch
Tulane Win Total Under 5.5 -150
In case you missed the 2017 season, we’re here to let you know that betting on Green Wave football is some of the most exciting gambling you can ever experience. I could go deep into advanced analytics about how inefficient but explosive coach Willie Fritz’s spread triple option can be. Or how coordinator Jack Curtis loses big pieces of returning production on defense. Or the punt return unit ranking 10th in success. But it’s all about the thrill.
>> Follow Collin Wilson in The Action Network App to get free alerts on all his college football bets during the season.
Electric quarterback Jonathan Banks returns, four-star running back transfer Corey Dauphine comes in from Texas Tech, and the defense loses enough that every game should sail over.
For the win total, its important to note what opposing defensive coordinators have seen the triple option. Experience in defending the diamond, pistol, and various spread formations that Willie Fritz can dream up is important to the handicap.
In the coin flip games against UAB, Cincinnati, SMU, and Navy, the Blazers will have the least experience against the triple option. UAB struggled against a Coastal Carolina attack in 2017 that gained 53 more yards, had five more first downs, and led in time of possession. My projections have Tulane at 5.1 wins, and with the winnable games against defenses that have triple option experience to slow down Tulane, we will roll with Under 5.5 -150.
What else you should know about Tulane
Tulane will have the same characteristics as 2017. The offense will have plenty of 3 and outs, along with busting 30-plus yard plays on the ground.
From a wagering standpoint, here is a 2017 Green Wave recap that might mirror this season:
- Sept. 9 (Total 48.5) — After a successful 2-point attempt with 12:56 remaining in the fourth, the total sat at 44. Each team would cross into the opponents’ green zone multiple times without points. Bad beat for the over.
- Sept 9. (Tulane +35) — Oklahoma leads 35-14 at the end of the third quarter. The Sooners rattle off 21 unanswered points in the fourth, including an excruciating Kyler Murray 87-yard touchdown with 2:42 remaining.
- Sept. 23 (Tulane -3) — Green Wave rattle off a 19-play, 75-yard drive to take the lead 21-17 and secure win and cover at the end of the fourth quarter against Army. Nineteen plays!!
- Oct 21. (Tulane +12) — Tulane is down 34-7 with 2 minutes left in the third quarter. The Green Wave reel off three unanswered touchdowns to lose 34-28 but cover the 12.
- Nov. 11 (Tulane -6.5) — Tulane wins and covers 31-24 in overtime against one of the worst teams in FBS, East Carolina.
Never forget, we are all Green Wave Nation when Tulane gambling tickets are down on Saturdays.
In Week 1, Wake Forest -7 is worth a wager. The Demon Deacons quarterback is suspended for this game, but that doesn’t mean a backup can’t get the ball out in the flats to all-world Greg Dortch. Wake’s offensive attack should be too much in this contest.