UAB 2018 Betting Preview: Bet Blazers To Make C-USA Championship
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Brontae Harris
UAB 2018 Betting Odds
- To win the National Title: +999999
- To win the C-USA: +2050
- Win Total: 7.5 (over +105, under -135)
Always shop for the best line.
UAB 2018 Schedule, Betting Odds
The Action Network Projected Wins: 7.2
Bet To Watch
UAB to win Conference USA +2050
This would be a short team preview if I focused on what not to like about UAB. The Blazers returned to college football in 2017 and took everyone by surprise. It was just three years after the school eliminated the football program, then reinstated it. With holdover coach Bill Clark and several holdover players still around, UAB won eight games last season.
There’s more in store for 2018. For example:
- UAB is 10th overall in returning production, first offensively. This was a young team last year.
- No Florida Atlantic on the schedule (unlike Louisiana Tech and North Texas).
- Offensive coordinator Bryant Vincent returns to UAB after setting school records at South Alabama in 2016. He also set school records at UAB in 2014 before the school eliminated the program.
- Andre Wilson returns as one of the best punt and kick returners in Conference USA.
>> Follow Collin Wilson in The Action Network App to get free alerts on all his college football bets during the season.
It’s certainly safe to say I have money down myself on UAB to win Conference USA at just north of 20-1. The Blazers did lose a few key pieces on defense, but have plenty of depth. The offense should be more dynamic and should improve its 115th explosiveness rating with its new offensive coordinator.
UAB also draws lowly Charlotte out of the East, while Louisiana Tech and North Texas draw Florida Atlantic. You might need to hedge in the Conference USA championship game, but taking a 20-1 future will bring plenty of flexibility.
What else you need to know about UAB
UAB went 6-1-1 against the spread against Conference USA opponents in 2017. The Charlotte game falls into a great scheduling spot, as UAB comes off a bye week to host the 49ers, who are on back-to-back travel. Look for UAB -9.5 or better on Sept. 29.