2019 NFL Combine: Will Kyler Murray Run the 40-Yard Dash?
Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Kyler Murray
- All eyes will be on Indianapolis this week as prospects try to help their draft stock at the 2019 NFL Combine.
- Will Oklahoma quarterback Kyle Murray run the 40-yard dash?
The 2019 NFL Combine is here and sportsbooks have released performance props. Our staff will be making official picks for prop bets on a number of different prospects, including quarterback Kyler Murray.
Here’s the workout schedule for the various position groups:
- Friday: Running backs, offensive linemen, kickers, special teams
- Saturday: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, tight ends
- Sunday: Defensive linemen, linebackers
- Monday: Defensive backs
Murray is an explosive player who reportedly ran a 4.37-second 40-yard dash in 2017 spring practices.
But will he run at the combine?
Kyler Murray 40-Yard Dash: Will He Run at the Combine?
- Yes: -400
- No: +250
A two-sport athlete, Murray fully committed to football only recently in the pre-draft process, so he might defer his workout to the Oklahoma pro day in order to have more time to prepare.
On top of that, he’s reportedly bulked up to 206 pounds from 195 pounds, so he might opt not to run the 40-yard dash at the combine while adjusting to the added weight.
In fact, there’s a chance that he’ll never run the 40. Last year, quarterback Lamar Jackson chose not to participate in the drill (despite his explosive athleticism and ability as a rusher) because he didn’t want to be typecast as “just” a fast, running quarterback.
Given Murray’s high-end rushing skill set, he might follow in Jackson’s footsteps and choose to emphasize his passing instead of his speed in his pre-draft workouts.
Finally, disregarding any factors particular to Murray, it’s not uncommon at all for top prospects to run the 40 at their pro days instead of the combine, thinking that they’ll be more relaxed on their home field surrounded by their teammates.
I’d bet “No” all the way down to +150.
The Pick: No (+250)
More 2019 NFL Combine Props
- The Action Network NFL Podcast: 2019 Combine
- 2019 NFL Combine Props: What Will Be the Fastest 40-Yard Dash?
- 2019 NFL Combine Prop: Rich Eisen 40-Yard Dash
- Betting Kyler Murray’s 40-Yard Dash and Vertical Jump
- Dwayne Haskins NFL Combine Prop Bets: 40-Yard Dash and Vertical Jump
- Josh Jacobs NFL Combine Prop Bets: Over/Under 4.5 Seconds in 40-Yard Dash?
- D.K. Metcalf NFL Combine Prop Bet: Too Jacked to Run the 40-Yard Dash in Under 4.50?
- N’Keal Harry NFL Combine Prop Bet: Over/Under 4.6 Seconds in the 40-Yard Dash?
- Nick Bosa NFL Combine Prop Bets: Bench Press and 40-Yard Dash
- Josh Allen NFL Combine Prop Bets: Over/Under 4.6 Second in 40-Yard Dash?
- Rashan Gary NFL Combine Prop Bets: How Freaky Is Michigan’s Stud Lineman?
- Greedy Williams NFL Combine Prop Bet: Over/Under 4.36-Second 40 for Draft’s Best Corner?
- Devin White NFL Combine Prop Bets: Just How Fast Will He Run the 40-Yard Dash?
- 2019 NFL Combine Prop Bet: Will A Player’s Nike Shoe Break?