Freedman: Will Antonio Brown Trade Be Announced on Day 1 of 2019 NFL Draft?
Philip G. Pavely-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Antonio Brown
- Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown has requested a trade.
- If the Steelers are to acquire a first-round pick for him, they will need to trade him no later than Day 1 of the 2019 NFL draft.
- Matthew Freedman looks at the odds for whether a trade for Brown will be announced on Day 1 of the draft.
Each day, I publish at least one quick-n’-dirty piece highlighting a favorite prop of mine. See my master list of 2019 prop bets for more information.
For performance-based player props, follow me in The Action Network app.
2019 Year-to-Date Prop Record
127-105-9, +23.71 Units
- NFL: 21-13-0, +11.72 Units
- NBA: 50-35-2, +9.52 Units
- NHL: 45-49-6, +0.78 Units
- Golf: 3-4-1, -0.50 Units
- NASCAR: 3-2-0. +1.55 Units
- NCAAF: 0-1-0. -1.00 Units
- NCAAB: 0-1-0. -1.00 Units
- Exotics: 5-0-0. +2.64 Units
Will Antonio Brown Trade Be Announced on Day 1 of 2019 NFL Draft?
- Yes: +140
- No: -200
I really like “No.” First of all, Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown might not even be traded. He probably will be, but there’s a chance he won’t be.
Additionally, Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on March 17, so if the Steelers are to get a deal done, they will be highly motivated to wrap it up by that date.
With -200 odds, there’s a 66.7% implied probability that Brown won’t be traded on Day 1 of the NFL Draft (Thursday, April 25), but I think the true odds are closer to 80%.
I bet “No” at -200 and would bet it to -350.
The Pick: No (-200)