- On Monday night, Antonio Brown responded to a critical tweet by saying "Trade me let's find out."
- On Tuesday, reports came out stating he did not show up for work Monday, either.
- Bovada has posted a prop bet on whether or not he'll be traded, with odds on "yes" at +900.
It’s been a roller-coaster start to the young NFL season for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have had a year’s worth of drama through just two weeks:
- Le’Veon Bell still hasn’t showed up
- They tied the Browns in Week 1
- They lost to the Chiefs at home in Week 2
- Now Antonio Brown is tweeting about being traded
Originally, I think most people shrugged this off as sarcasm or a joke. However, Brown was a no-show on Monday. Maybe he isn’t playing around. Either way, you can put your money where your mouth is.
Bovada is offering a prop bet on whether AB will be traded by Nov. 14.
- Yes: +900 (10% implied probability)
- No: -3500 (97.2% implied probability)
These odds and limits essentially make it so you can only act on them if you think he will indeed be traded. I’m not sure risking $100 to make a few bucks on him not being traded is exactly worth it.
The Steelers’ Super Bowl odds took the biggest hit of those of any team in the NFL over the past week, and the last thing they need is more Twitter drama surrounding one of their superstars.
Stay tuned for more updates as Pittsburgh’s tumultuous season rolls on.