Hopefully, you have cashed all of your season win total tickets by now, and don’t have to count on a win or loss in the always-unpredictable Week 17. Headed into the final weekend of the NFL regular season, six season win totals remain undetermined against the closing number (nine against the opener). Let’s take a closer look at the results by conference through Week 16.
- Those who bet the over on the total wins of the Patriots and/or Ravens (on the open) need a win this weekend to get to the window. However, I wouldn’t sweat too much, as both teams will play home games as double-digit favorites.
- Chiefs win total over bettors had to feel optimistic about getting that ticket-clinching 10th win in the final game against against a lifeless Denver team, but that sentiment may have changed after Andy Reid announced Patrick Mahomes will get his first start on the road in a game that means nothing to Kansas City. The line currently sits at Broncos -3.5.
- A complete collapse by the Titans from 8-4 to 8-7 has over backers now just hoping to get a win against the Jaguars on the final weekend for a push. As of Thursday night, books had Tennessee listed as a 3-point favorite.
- Not only do the Falcons need a win to get into the playoffs, but they also need a win for all of those who bet their season win total over (or a push if you bet the over on the open). Unfortunately for those who need a Falcons home win, Carolina still has seed motivation. Feeling uneasy or lucky? Go for the hedge/middle with Panthers +4.
- If you bet the Bears and/or Redskins season win total over, you need a Week 17 win, which looks much more likely for a Washington team currently listed as a 3-point favorite. Chicago looks destined to finish a half game under their season win total of 5.5, as they will head to Minnesota as double-digit underdogs to take on a Vikings team playing to secure a first-round bye.
- Jimmy Garoppolo miraculously got the 49ers over their season win total with four straight victories. What can’t this guy do?
- Some early bettors will need to sweat out their Lions and Cardinals season win totals this weekend.
Photo via Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports