Broncos NFL Draft Picks, Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Timothy T Ludwig/Getty Images
Broncos Draft Picks
Denver Broncos Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Broncos Draft Needs
- QB: It feels long overdue to deem the Drew Lock Experiment a failure. The 2019 second-rounder ranked dead-last in completion percentage (57.3%) among 35 qualified quarterbacks, 21st in passing yards (2,933) and 29th in QBR (48.8). Without a vertical move up in the draft, however, they will likely miss out on the top names with the ninth overall pick.
- CB/S: The Broncos ranked dead-last in the NFL with a -16 turnover differential and were middle-of-the-road in passing yards allowed per game (237.9). It’s worth noting that they have added cornerbacks Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller since free agency kicked off.
- DL/LB: The Broncos ranked eighth in sacks per game (2.6) and allowed the eighth-most rushing yards per game (130)
by Chris Raybon
- QB: Drew Lock led the league with 15 interceptions last season despite missing three starts. Through two years, Lock is completing only 59.1% of his passes for 6.6 yards per attempt.
- C: Lloyd Cushenberry III was a disaster as a rookie, clocking in last among 38 qualified centers with a 40.5 PFF grade.
- G/T: The Broncos are set with Garrett Bolles and Ja’wuan James at tackle and Graham Glasgow and Dalton Risner at guard, but they need a sixth offensive lineman. Calvin Anderson (55.1), Austin Schlottmann (39.8), and Netane Muti (37.1) all graded poorly when pressed into action.
- S: With Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson both playing 16 games last season, the Broncos didn’t have another safety play even 50 snaps. They could use some depth here, particularly at strong safety with Jackson set to enter his age-33 campaign.