Buccaneers Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Photo credit: Douglas DeFelice-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Jameis Winston
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 6.5 (-110)/Under 6.5 (-110)
- Odds to win the NFC South: 16-1
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: 5-1
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 50-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 100-1
The Bucs disappointed last year, finishing with five wins and a last-place finish in the NFC South.
What are realistic expectations for new head coach Bruce Arians and the Bucs in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 6.3
The Bucs are much like the 49ers in that they were pretty unlucky in nearly every metric I was testing, and yet the model is saying to sell. It’s an interesting quirk: The extreme blend of bad “luck” could very well be signaling to the model that this isn’t a team worth investing in the following year.
At any rate, I think the Bucs should improve under new HC Bruce Arians. My one main concern for their win total is the brutal schedule they have from Weeks 4-9, when they play zero games in Tampa. Their one “home” game in that entire stretch is in London. It will be tough for them to make it through that stretch with a winning record. In a market that has been sharpened up, making it hard to find much value, this seems like something that could be overlooked and gives us some edge on the under.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. 49ers: Buccaneers pick’em
- Week 2 at Panthers: Buccaneers +6
- Week 3 vs. Giants: Buccaneers -4.5
- Week 4 at Rams: Buccaneers +9.5
- Week 5 at Saints: Buccaneers +9
- Week 6 vs. Panthers: Buccaneers +3.5
- Week 8 at Titans: Buccaneers +5
- Week 9 at Seahawks: Buccaneers +5.5
- Week 10 vs. Cardinals: Buccaneers -5
- Week 11 vs. Saints: Buccaneers +3.5
- Week 12 at Falcons: Buccaneers +6.5
- Week 13 at Jaguars: Buccaneers +6
- Week 14 vs. Colts: Buccaneers -1
- Week 15 at Lions: Buccaneers +3.5
- Week 16 vs. Texans: Buccaneers +1
- Week 17 vs. Falcons: Buccaneers +1