Updated Cam Newton Next Team Odds: Redskins the Clear Favorite, Patriots Still in the Running to Sign Newton
Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images. Pictured: Cam Newton
- The latest odds for where Cam Newton will sign point to the Washington Redskins being the clear favorite (-105 betting odds).
- The New England Patriots have seen their chances of signing Newton increase. On Friday, New England's odds increased from +370 to +230.
- The odds for the Miami Dolphins, meanwhile, are moving in the wrong direction, from +260 to +370.
With no shortage of tension, the Carolina Panthers and quarterback Cam Newton are moving on from one another.
Two days ago, the team announced that it granted Newton permission to seek a trade — something he apparently wasn’t looking for based on the Instagram correction reply he gave shortly after.
In any case, though, he’s out of Carolina. Which means it’s time to look ahead to his next destination.
Oddsmakers are getting in on that action too, as FanDuel Sportsbook is now offering betting odds on Cam’s next team.
Cam Newton Next Team Odds
- Washington Redskins: -105 ($10.50 bet profits $10)
- New England Patriots: +230 ($10 bet profits $23)
- Miami Dolphins: +370
- Jacksonville Jaguars: +750
- Las Vegas Raiders: +950
- Los Angeles Chargers +1000
- Denver Broncos: +1200
- Pittsburgh Steelers: +2900
- Cincinnati Bengals: +4500
At -105, the Redskins are the clear odds-on favorite to land the former league MVP. Those odds imply a 51.2% chance that he’ll end up in the nation’s capital.
The Patriots are back to being the second favorite to land Cam. Their odds have moved up to +230 after being at +370 on Friday. The Dolphins, meanwhile, moved from +260 on Friday to +370.
After that it’s five more AFC longshots, including the Las Vegas Raiders, who recently added Marcus Mariota to back up Derek Carr, and the Cincinnati Bengals, owners of this year’s No. 1 overall draft pick.