Chiefs Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes
Kansas City Chiefs Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 10.5 (-130)/Under 10.5 (+110)
- Odds to win the AFC West: -200
- Odds to make the AFC Playoffs: -450
- Odds to win the AFC Championship: +220
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 5-1
Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs set a high bar last season. So how high are expectations for Kansas City in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 10.6
Once the NFL announced that it would not be suspending Tyreek Hill, I raised the Chiefs’ power rating a bit. He’s one of the few WRs who is worth about a point on the spread. His dynamic playmaking ability in this offense is hard to replace.
It’s rare to see a 12-4 team get almost no help from some of the “luck” metrics I look at, but it’s pretty clear that the Chiefs are simply a great football team with a great coach in Andy Reid. If their defense improves at all this year they could top their 12 wins from a year ago. I have them favored in all but one game this year (Week 14 at New England).
This win total looks pretty spot-on in comparison to my projections, so it’s a stay away.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Jaguars: Chiefs -2
- Week 2 at Raiders: Chiefs -6
- Week 3 vs. Ravens: Chiefs -8
- Week 4 at Lions: Chiefs -4.5
- Week 5 vs. Colts: Chiefs -9
- Week 6 vs. Texans: Chiefs -7
- Week 7 at Broncos: Chiefs -4
- Week 8 vs. Packers: Chiefs -6
- Week 9 vs. Vikings: Chiefs -6.5
- Week 10 at Titans: Chiefs -3
- Week 11 vs. Chargers: Chiefs -2
- Week 13 vs. Raiders: Chiefs -11
- Week 14 at Patriots: Chiefs +1.5
- Week 15 vs. Broncos: Chiefs -9
- Week 16 at Bears: Chiefs -1
- Week 17 vs. Chargers: Chiefs -4.5