Chris Carson Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Chris Carson
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Carson.
Carson is one of the NFL’s most difficult players to tackle: He joined Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Adrian Peterson, James Conner and Saquon Barkley as the only running backs who broke at least 50 tackles in 2018 (Pro Football Focus).
This naturally led to plenty of production on the ground. Only Ezekiel Elliott (96 rushing yards per game), Todd Gurley (89), Joe Mixon (84), Barkley (82) and Carson (82) averaged more than 80 rushing yards per game.
The only thing standing in Carson’s way of working as an RB1 in fantasy football is his likely committee with 2018 first-round pick Rashad Penny. This goal might be tough, but Carson and Penny could both offer value in the league’s most run-heavy offense. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Chris Carson’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 54 overall | No. 27 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 49 overall | No. 26 RB
- Standard: No. 45 overall | No. 25 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 205 carries | 907 yards | 6.2 touchdowns
- Receiving: 24 receptions | 191 yards | 1.1 touchdowns
- Rushing: 247 car | 1151 yds | 82.2 yds/g | 9 TDs
- Receiving: 20 rec | 163 yds | 11.6 yds/g | 0 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB15 PPR | RB15 0.5 PPR | RB14 std
Note: Carson missed Weeks 4 and 10 with a hip injury.