Christian McCaffrey Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Aug 17, 2018; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (22) makes a catch during the first quarter warm ups against the Miami Dolphins at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jim Dedmon-USA TODAY Sports
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey.
It’s rare for a running back to work as one of the NFL’s most efficient backs AND have a massive workload. Fortunately, for past and future McCaffrey fantasy owners, this dream role was made into a reality in 2018.
Of course, it’s fair to question whether McCaffrey has the same ceiling as Saquon Barkley or Ezekiel Elliott considering they’re both expected to clear 250 carries with ease. Still, McCaffrey is this season’s safest top-tier running back thanks to his historically absurd receiving role and status as his team’s clear-cut three-down back.
He’s more than worthy of a 1.01 selection in PPR drafts. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Christian McCaffrey’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 3 overall | No. 3 RB
- Half-Point PPR: No. 4 overall | No. 4 RB
- Standard: No. 5 overall | No. 4 RB
Here are our experts’ aggregate projections for top-level stats.
- Rushing: 209 carries | 949 yards | 6.6 touchdowns
- Receiving: 88 receptions | 706 yards | 5.2 touchdowns
- Rushing: 219 car | 1098 yds | 68.6 yds/g | 7 TDs
- Receiving: 107 rec | 867 yds | 54.2 yds/g | 6 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: RB2 PPR | RB3 0.5 PPR | RB3 std