Courtland Sutton Fantasy Football Rankings, 2019 Projections, Analysis, More
Aug 18, 2018; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos wide receiver Courtland Sutton (14) pulls in a 16 yard touchdown reception in the second quarter against the Chicago Bears at Broncos Stadium at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
- See our experts' fantasy football rankings, 2019 projections, analysis and more for Denver Broncos wide receiver Courtland Sutton.
Sutton was one of only three rookie receivers with double-digit catches of 20-plus yards last season. He’s Denver’s most talented receiver in terms of his 6-foot-3, 218 pound size and 84th-percentile SPARQ-x athleticism, but consistent production was tough to find with Case Keenum.
The problem for Sutton’s Year 2 projection is Joe Flacco’s inability to throw the deep ball. Perhaps the thin Colorado air will again propel Flacco to great heights like we saw in the 2012 Divisional Round, but the more likely scenario is he’ll continue to work among the league’s worst deep-ball quarterbacks.
Sutton’s best-case scenario is this season’s version of John Brown, who was the WR22 in PPR from Weeks 1-9 before Flacco was replaced by Lamar Jackson in 2018. His worst-case would be a No. 4 role behind DaeSean Hamilton and/or Emmanuel Sanders, Noah Fant and (potentially) Philip Lindsay. — Ian Hartitz
Note: Rankings and projections are as of July 1. For our experts’ most recent updates, check out our fantasy football tools.
2019 Courtland Sutton’s Fantasy Football Rankings
- PPR: No. 86 overall | No. 39 WR
- Half-Point PPR: No. 83 overall | No. 39 WR
- Standard: No. 86 overall | No. 36 WR
- Receiving: 53.7 receptions | 808 yards | 4.7 touchdowns
- Receiving: 42 rec | 704 yds | 44 yds/g | 4 TDs
- Fantasy ranks: WR50 PPR | WR50 0.5 PPR | WR48 std